X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bret Bearup has died

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/colle...211394004.html

Only 56. R.I.P.

Just came here to post this news. I remember him well. Highly touted recruit who just never lived up to the billing. Big guy who was a good athlete. Just never came together for him at UK. He is almost the same age as me (55). You just never know, so enjoy life while you can. RIP Bret Bearup
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

WOW...so shocked and sad.....so young...RIP Bret Bearup

Comment

Wow.
        I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Sad to hear! This news makes me think about how brief Life is and Eternity is forever. Be prepared my Friends.
          John 3:3

Comment

The story B Bearup told about Tarkanian was classic.
            Jerry rolled into a bar yelling he got the NCAA for two and a half million. He then said he was gonna use that money to get better players and stick it to the NCAA again.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news and condolences to the Bearup family.

A couple memories of mine related to Bret:

I recall attending a University of Kentucky Invitational Tournament (UKIT) and seeing Brett there. Joe Dean Sr. was sitting by him and I believe another recruit w the last name Hanson. I loitered after the game and when he walked off the floor I told him that we hoped to see him at UK the following year.

In 2014 I was visiting the Holy Land. While visiting an archeological site in Capernaum a nice man notices my Ky basketball shirt and tells me that he had a nephew that played for UK. The uncle identified himself as an archeologist and Professor at BYU and proceeded to tell me a few stories including how competitive Bret was when playing cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                Sad to hear! This news makes me think about how brief Life is and Eternity is forever. Be prepared my Friends.

QFT

Comment

Prayers. Everyday is a blessing,you just never know from day to day if it's going to be your last....
                  I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
                    Prayers. Everyday is a blessing,you just never know from day to day if it's going to be your last....
                    Absolutely..words to live by everyday

Comment

Joe B talks about how difficult it is to see five of his former players die in recent years. This article also mentions that Bearup died of a massive heart attack.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-c...211595734.html
                      Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Bret Bearup has died

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X