Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Reid Travis Thread (UPDATE: Travis Commits to Kentucky)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Reid Travis Thread (UPDATE: Travis Commits to Kentucky)

This will be the talk of the next few days/weeks so we might as well give the guy his own thread.

UK hasn't had many game-changing transfers over the years outside of Derek Anderson. This guy could be one.

Is it true he'll be on campus today?

Comment

Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
      Is it true he'll be on campus today?
      I haven't seen anybody else except that one Twitter account say this.

It might be true but it seems like a quick turnaround for somebody who just pulled out of the draft yesterday. I hope he visits this weekend and makes the call.

Comment

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 16h16 hours ago One player who went up against Reid Travis in an NBA workout recently: “He’s the strongest guy I’ve ever played against.”

Comment

This may be Cal's most important recruit since Anthony Davis. Could be the difference in a championship team or another Sweet 16 finish.
          Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Fascinating player, because Cal hasn't had a lot of guys like him, at least not with four years of experience.

I expect us to get him, and I'd expect him to be a double-double machine, along with Montgomery and Washington. The front line is so stacked that we can afford Nick Richards to continue developing at his own pace.

Comment

I hope Cal closes this deal soon. The longer it goes the better chances someone else possibly swoops in on him, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
                I hope Cal closes this deal soon. The longer it goes the better chances someone else possibly swoops in on him, IMO.
                Calm down, sir. I don't think there's any reason to worry with regards to this situation. From what has been said, it's been all but given for about two months.

When there's been this much smoke about one guy for so long, you can pretty much bank it.

Comment

I agree with JFCats though that you don't want him to take a visit and then not pull the trigger. What guys usually do at that point is open it up to a list of schools. At that point anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

Calm down, sir. I don't think there's any reason to worry with regards to this situation. From what has been said, it's been all but given for about two months.

When there's been this much smoke about one guy for so long, you can pretty much bank it.
                    I don't count my chickens until the eggs hatch. When the defending NC is interested, that's always a cause for concern imo.
                    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                      I agree with JFCats though that you don't want him to take a visit and then not pull the trigger. What guys usually do at that point is open it up to a list of schools. At that point anything can happen.
                      Exactly my point. Nova is pushing hard to get him and I saw last night that Coach K is going to be reaching out. I certainly don't want the defending national champion coach and the greatest coach of all time getting any time with him. Not that I doubt Cal/s abilities but he doesn't have a great recent track record of going up against Coach K.

Comment

I wouldn't expect Travis to end up at Duke with their forwards. I was under the impression that he cut Duke for that very reason.

Comment

I wouldn't expect Travis to end up at Duke with their forwards. I was under the impression that he cut Duke for that very reason.
                          Agree, it's a longshot. But, apparently they are going to try to sell him on playing the 5 (as he did a lot at Stanford) over Bolden. I'd still rather not let K even get involved at all.

Comment

Matt Jones just said Travis is not visiting today. May visit this weekend. Thinks UK is clearly in the driver's seat but certainly not over and not a done deal.

Comment

UK hasn't had many game-changing transfers over the years outside of Derek Anderson.
                              I'm surprised to hear this comment from a Heshimu Evans fan. And, cough, Travis Ford ??? We've had a small handful over the years.

Comment

The Official Reid Travis Thread (UPDATE: Travis Commits to Kentucky)

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X