Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Draft

Knox goes nine to the Knicks.

SGA goes 11 to the Hornets and traded to the Clippers.

Vanderbilt was selected by the Magic in the middle of the second round and traded to the Nuggets to play with Murray and Lyles.

Diallo was selected a few picks later by the Nets, who traded him to the Hornets, who traded him to the Thunder.

I didn't like seeing Bagley to the Kings because that likely means WCS or Skal is on the way out.

I feel like the Knicks are going to make a push in the East at some point, so that might be a good situation for Knox. Will be harder for the Clippers; we may be entering a Warriors/Lakers/OKC era.

Vanderbilt and Diallo have a long road ahead. If Vanderbilt can stay healthy he might stick but it's not going to be easy in today's NBA without any semblance of a jumper. They'll have to break him down and remake his offensive game sort of like they've had to do with MKG. Really it's the same with Diallo.

Louisville's Ray Spalding was taken late. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make an NBA team and play a few years. If you're trying to build the perfect NBA specimen in a lab he'll come out looking a little like Spalding.

Comment

Former Western Kentucky commit Mitchell Robinson was taken 36th.

The guy did almost everything wrong starting about a year ago. Now it's going to be a fight for him to make a team.

Comment

Surprised by the Diallo pick, but he's probably headed overseas or G league. I've always been a Spaulding fan since I saw him play in HS. Vanderbilt will make a good effort, hope he sticks.
        John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

The guy did almost everything wrong starting about a year ago. Now it's going to be a fight for him to make a team.

He did... However, I think this kid might have been one of the best freshman coming in last year. He was so good and has tons of talent on the court. Just has a 2-cent head so either they are getting a steal here or he'll just end up being a pick that no one hears from.

Comment

The Celtics might have gotten a steal with Texas A&M's Robert Williams last night. I was surprised that there was so much talk of his attitude, but it makes sense. He was probably a top 10 pick, maybe top 5, after his freshman year. To fall that far with that much explosiveness is odd.

Well, this morning the Celtics are trying to find Williams...and can't.

Really strange situation and you hope there's nothing bad going on there.

Comment

^ Update: they have found Robert Williams. Everything is apparently okay.

Comment

I wonder what Royce White is up to...

Comment

I didn't get to watch all of it.....Did Wenyan ever get drafted

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Wenyen is joining the Kings for the summer league and Willis is joining the Pelicans.

Comment

Was hoping the Celtics would take him at 27 but Robert Williams was there so you had to take Williams..
                        I post in peace!!!

Comment

Steal of the draft in my opinion, did not expect him to be there at 27..
                          I post in peace!!!

Comment

Biggest surprise was Michael Porter taken later on.....
                            I post in peace!!!

Comment

Vanderbilt. shows up in a wheel chair at Nuggets meet and greet for draft picks. Kid will never play in NBA. UK didn’t need the drama next year of his on going health issues. Very sad. As for Diallo he will slog it out in Europe for a few years, don’t see him improving much if he stayed with us. My main gripe is Gabriel, I think he could have helped us AND himself if he had stayed, marked improvement from year one to 2. If he could have continued to improve with another year at UK he might have gotten drafted , we will never know, I hope he can make a living in Europe, seems like a nice kid.

Comment

NBA Draft

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X