Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebron James Joins Lakers for $153 million over 4 years.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron James Joins Lakers for $153 million over 4 years.

Pure genius. Makes more money and will play a shorter season.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...3-million-deal
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

LeBron has turned himself into the vagabond champion. Go where it will be easy to win a championship and build a legacy. No doubt he's a great player. One of the best ever. But I have no respect for how he has gone about his business and making a show of himself first. Quite a few others built their legacy on building and maintaining championships with one team. Michael Jordan ( I know he played his last two years in Washington), Kobe Bryant,Larry Bird, Magic Johnson not mention older guys like Bill Russell and Bob Cousy. Kareem did play with two teams but it was largely with the Lakers. But this is the way it is now. Its all about me. I guess that's one reason I hardly watch any NBA or NFL anymore.
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Another instance of an overpaid crybaby taking care of himself first.
      John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
        Another instance of an overpaid crybaby taking care of himself first.
        What? Why do you say this? Is your hate for LeBron James really that all-encompassing that you came to this unfounded conclusion?

He actually took a paycut to go to Los Angeles. He owed Cleveland nothing -- he did what he told them he would, he came home and won them a championship. Cleveland showed no interest in building a competitive team around him; he literally carried that team on his back. Los Angeles is where he lives most of the time, it's where his kids go to school and it's a legendary franchise. It seems fair that he makes that decision for his family to end his career at a legendary organization like Los Angeles. I hope they get some other guys around him to get him one more championship before he leaves.

I will NEVER understand the hate for LeBron; not only is he a legendarily great basketball player, but he's a fierce competitor, a philanthropist (look up his charitable works for the state of Ohio), and a true family man, a virtue that is almost non-existent in today's NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
          LeBron has turned himself into the vagabond champion. Go where it will be easy to win a championship and build a legacy. No doubt he's a great player. One of the best ever. But I have no respect for how he has gone about his business and making a show of himself first. Quite a few others built their legacy on building and maintaining championships with one team. Michael Jordan ( I know he played his last two years in Washington), Kobe Bryant,Larry Bird, Magic Johnson not mention older guys like Bill Russell and Bob Cousy. Kareem did play with two teams but it was largely with the Lakers. But this is the way it is now. Its all about me. I guess that's one reason I hardly watch any NBA or NFL anymore.
          Go where it's easy to win a championship? Seriously? If he was worried about that, he would've stayed in the East. Not to mention, he's been wasting prime years in a dump like Cleveland. That organization didn't deserve him. He won CLEVELAND a championship, for God's sake.

With their current roster, the Lakers are at best the fourth best team in the west. They're not the Kareem/Magic/Kobe/Shaq Lakers. He didn't make a show of himself, either. It's not even comparable to something like Kevin Durant jumping ship to a team that was already the best in the league.

This news was broken by a simple press release by his agent last night while he was on a vacation with his wife. Seriously, he made a dumb move with that "Decision" years ago, and some people will never let it go. It's literally the ONLY public relations mistake that he's made in his career.

Do you people here ever actually watch the NBA?
          Last edited by KCKUKFan; 07-02-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
            No, most people here don't.
            Kentuckian residing too close to Ohio.

Comment

Go where it's easy to win a championship? Seriously? If he was worried about that, he would've stayed in the East. Not to mention, he's been wasting prime years in a dump like Cleveland. That organization didn't deserve him.

With their current roster, the Lakers are at best the fourth best team in the west. They're not the Kareem/Magic/Kobe/Shaq Lakers. He didn't make a show of himself, either. This news was broken by a simple press release by his agent last night while he was on a vacation with his wife. Seriously, he made a dumb move with that "Decision" years ago, and some people will never let it go. It's literally the ONLY public relations mistake that he's made in his career.

No don't watch it and I said why also. No he has made a spectacle of himself ever since he and Wade put on a show when they teamed up to go to Miami. I never had respect for them after that because he quite obviously has made it about himself. Anyway I don't care that much. The NBA burned themselves with me long before LeBron. I rarely watch anymore and don't think twice about it.
              Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

You guys should watch the NBA again - it's seriously great now. The game play and young stars have made the product on the court much better. Were it not for Kentucky, I'd never watch college basketball again.

Comment

The way I see it: if you don't watch the NBA and you don't know what you're talking about, you can politely refrain from commenting on NBA matters.

As for "The Decision," I have never seen somebody crucified like LeBron has been for what amounts to nothing more than a foolish PR mistake. Listening to some people talk about it, you would think that it ended in LeBron murdering all those kids in attendance.

And Dwight is 100% right -- the NBA is in the best shape its been in decades. There's a LOT of great talent and the game play is more entertaining than it's ever been. People who dismiss it based on their own baseless assumptions are missing out. People who think that everything was better "in their day" are depriving themselves.
                  Last edited by KCKUKFan; 07-02-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

James did not take a pay cut. His Lakers deal pays him more per year than his option for next season with the Cavs.

I'm neutral on Lebron. I think he's a great player. I don't begrudge him moving to another team. I think the move to LA results in him losing in the playoffs instead of the finals. I enjoyed watching Jordan, Dr. J, Magic, Larry Bird, Reggie Miller.

I just never had the same enthusiasm watching Lebron.
                    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post
                      James did not take a pay cut. His Lakers deal pays him more per year than his option for next season with the Cavs.

I'm neutral on Lebron. I think he's a great player. I don't begrudge him moving to another team. I think the move to LA results in him losing in the playoffs instead of the finals. I enjoyed watching Jordan, Dr. J, Magic, Larry Bird, Reggie Miller.

I just never had the same enthusiasm watching Lebron.
                      Rich Paul was going to restructure his deal with Cleveland if he chose to stay there and it would've payed him more in the long run -- that's all I was trying to say.

Comment

The way I see it: if you don't watch the NBA and you don't know what you're talking about, you can politely refrain from commenting on NBA matters.

As for "The Decision," I have never seen somebody crucified like LeBron has been for what amounts to nothing more than a foolish PR mistake. Listening to some people talk about it, you would think that it ended in LeBron murdering all those kids in attendance.

And Dwight is 100% right -- the NBA is in the best shape its been in decades. There's a LOT of great talent and the game play is more entertaining than it's ever been. People who dismiss it based on their own baseless assumptions are missing out. People who think that everything was better "in their day" are depriving themselves.
                        The way I see it this is open board and anyone can comment on anything they want as long as they stay in the rules. All I am saying is LeBron is no doubt a great player. I just don't like the way he has conducted his business. That is all.
                        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

There goes that word "hate" again. For your information I hate no one. I believe the NBA, and all pro sports, are full of overpaid cry baby's. Labron is a good player, but he doesn't belong in the same sentence with the likes of Jordan, Irving, Johnson, Russell, Byrd and many others simply because he is selfish and they were all team players. Talent has nothing to do with it.
                          John 3:3

Comment

Unless you've never left a job for a better job, I don't think you have the right to criticize Lebron for doing the same thing. Obviously it's a free country for now and you have the right to opine, but it's not wise to comment on things you have no idea about.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                              There goes that word "hate" again. For your information I hate no one. I believe the NBA, and all pro sports, are full of overpaid cry baby's. Labron is a good player, but he doesn't belong in the same sentence with the likes of Jordan, Irving, Johnson, Russell, Byrd and many others simply because he is selfish and they were all team players. Talent has nothing to do with it.
                              Hate to tell you, but Jordan was probably the most selfish player ever in the NBA. In another thread, you complained about a certain segment of the population using outdated facts. I hate to tell you, but that is what you are doing here.

Comment

Lebron James Joins Lakers for $153 million over 4 years.

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X