Reid Travis Goes Through First Practice at Kentucky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid Travis Goes Through First Practice at Kentucky

They're in the gym in Lexington tonight, getting work done. Travis is in the house. EJ Montgomery threw one down on Tyler Herro's forehead.

The Bahamas looms.

Here's Beisner's write-up.

How great is it that freshman Keldon Johnson is going to get the chance to try and take on a 22-year-old man in Reid Travis? That's exactly what you need and exactly what last year was missing (among other things).

https://coachcal.com/news/2018/7/10/...the-floor.aspx

Comment

As Beisner says, it will be interesting to see how the other big guys improve by practicing against Travis . I hope Richards will improve some but I think he ends up getting pushed aside this year with Montgomery taking most of his minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
        As Beisner says, it will be interesting to see how the other big guys improve by practicing against Travis . I hope Richards will improve some but I think he ends up getting pushed aside this year with Montgomery taking most of his minutes.
        I feel the same.

But Cal loves size. Richards will get a shot. But unless Montgomery is just physically weak to the point where he just gets bullied out there, I don't see how Richards gets a ton of minutes.

Travis and Washington aren't coming out a lot, so it's hard to imagine we go that deep in the post except when Travis plays out on the wing. Would expect Richards to get the type of minutes Killeya-Jones got last year.

Comment

Reid Travis Goes Through First Practice at Kentucky

Collapse
        Working...
        X