Cal's Comments on KSR This Morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal's Comments on KSR This Morning

Here's a rundown of what Cal said on the radio about the upcoming team this morning.

This is HIGHLY interesting stuff. It's clear that Cal was not pleased about last year--and probably two of the last three years--and is trying to adjust some things. (Tweak them, you might say.)

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/baske...s-team-on-ksr/

Good stuff. Thanks for posting it. It will be interesting to see how much Travis pushes Washington. I think Washington just needs the right motivation to go all out, all the time. Travis may just get him to do this. If Washington does then that front line could be pretty special.
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Great read. Thanks for posting and getting me more excited for this season. Oh how I wish I could go to the Bahamas!!
      John 3:3

Comment

As much as we complain about Cal needs to do this or do that, i swear to God sometimes i think he's jumping on this site and others getting feedback. Whether it's true or not, Cal always seemed to be aware of what's going on and he does usually make the comments about fixing things we all talk about here...
        I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
          As much as we complain about Cal needs to do this or do that, i swear to God sometimes i think he's jumping on this site and others getting feedback.
          Um, no.

There's a better chance of the Pope reading WCN.

What I do think is untrue is that Cal is somehow "selfish" or that he's set in his ways or something. Listen, all coaches are a little selfish. If coaches went with fans' whims they'd be out of a job, because fans' whims change from day to day. You have to have a level of selfishness and self-belief to be successful in anything.

But Cal does react to things and try to adjust, particularly with the way the program is branded and how it can grow in the future.

Anybody can see that there's been a drop-off in intensity two of the last three years. You don't have to be online to see that. Cal knows the deal. He's trying to get out in front of it and this is a good team to do it with, because they're going to be very good.

Comment

If one and done goes away which i think it will sooner than later, i think Cal can become the king of the one and done grad transfer, just my opinion....
            I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Um, no.

There's a better chance of the Pope reading WCN.

What I do think is untrue is that Cal is somehow "selfish" or that he's set in his ways or something. Listen, all coaches are a little selfish. If coaches went with fans' whims they'd be out of a job, because fans' whims change from day to day. You have to have a level of selfishness and self-belief to be successful in anything.

But Cal does react to things and try to adjust, particularly with the way the program is branded and how it can grow in the future.

Anybody can see that there's been a drop-off in intensity two of the last three years. You don't have to be online to see that. Cal knows the deal. He's trying to get out in front of it and this is a good team to do it with, because they're going to be very good.
              Maybe THIS site was a poor choice of words but i do think Cal looks at Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites. He may not be glued to it 24/7 but on his downtime, no doubt in my mind Cal keeps up with what's going on or what's being said, i think it's what fuels his fire and keeps him connected....

Comment

Maybe THIS site was a poor choice of words but i do think Cal looks at Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites. He may not be glued to it 24/7 but on his downtime, no doubt in my mind Cal keeps up with what's going on or what's being said, i think it's what fuels his fire and keeps him connected....
                Cal has said many times that he never uses a computer.

The tweets and videos and all those kinds of things are done by staff.

Comment

Cal has said many times that he never uses a computer.

The tweets and videos and all those kinds of things are done by staff.
                  I call BS on that, no way Cal avoids social media,he's to up to date and knows way to much...

Cal is a sales person lol lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                    Great read. Thanks for posting and getting me more excited for this season. Oh how I wish I could go to the Bahamas!!
                    Carrie is going...again! Beth and I had planned on it. A couple of things have replaced my budgeted money. Beth is going to A&M for the football game too. Another trip we were going to take. Her son is going with her

Comment

I call BS on that, no way Cal avoids social media,he's to up to date and knows way to much...
                      His daughters have said many times he doesn't know how to turn on a computer.

He's definitely aware of things that are said, but you can get that in the air in Kentucky. When the Cats are losing you can walk up a street in pretty much any town in the Commonwealth and run across a hundred coaches.

Comment

His daughters have said many times he doesn't know how to turn on a computer.

He's definitely aware of things that are said, but you can get that in the air in Kentucky. When the Cats are losing you can walk up a street in pretty much any town in the Commonwealth and run across a hundred coaches.
                        He's stated a bunch of times he doesn't run/touch his website or social media. But, I guarantee he asks/is told what is said.

Comment

Cal's Comments on KSR This Morning

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X