Kentucky draftees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky draftees

As reported tonight, J.Vanderbilt has signed a 3 year four million dollar contract.
    he joins Kevin Knox at about 18.5 million for four years
    S.G.Alexander 17+ million for four years.

No contracts at this time for Diallo or Gabriel

Vanderbilt likely got a verbal agreement while he was at UK.

Watched Sacramento play this past weekend and Gabriel didn't get off the bench for the longest time. But I saw that he had 15 points yesterday. Can't imagine him getting a contract but there are a couple of spots for these "two-way" players on NBA rosters now: guys who basically move up and down between the G-League and the NBA. Gabriel might have a long shot at one of those slots.

Comment

Kevin Knox is getting a lot of publicity in New York. He might be a player like Duke's Jayson Tatum, now with the Celtics: one of those guys who's better as a pro than he was in college. It makes sense; he was so young when he came to UK, and his physical weakness at times came out. Tatum's the same build, the same mold. Those types of guys are going to take longer to catch up physically. But when they do they have the perfect tools in today's NBA.

https://t.co/jRc7NoXnO7

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
        Vanderbilt likely got a verbal agreement while he was at UK.
        Which is why he was so reluctant to play at UK, and he needed surgery.

John 3:3

Comment

I suppose it's a sign of the times we're in, but I don't like the idea of a player bailing on a season like that.
          There’s no such thing as someone else’s war, your creature comforts aren’t the only thing worth fighting for

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
            I suppose it's a sign of the times we're in, but I don't like the idea of a player bailing on a season like that.
            Agreed. There has been some chatter that Hami did much the same.

All would be simpler if the One and situation was eliminated. Kids can sign with the military and put it ALL on the line out of high school (some with parental permission).
            May as well let them shoot for the golden ring out of high school rather than use a year of college to practice/ heal up/ whatever.

Comment

Vanderbilt's injury suggests he probably didn't bail. Something was wrong there.

I don't think Hami bailed at all. Played hard. Just a really flawed player. I never got any sense that he loafed.

Not sure where that chatter comes from but there's no basis for it unless there's something that went on inside the team that we can't know about.

Comment

In shocking news, I. Briscoe has also inked a deal with Orlando for a couple of years. I watched him a little in a summer league game and he still looks the same to me but Orlando must like what they see..
                I post in peace!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                  Vanderbilt's injury suggests he probably didn't bail. Something was wrong there.

I don't think Hami bailed at all. Played hard. Just a really flawed player. I never got any sense that he loafed.

Not sure where that chatter comes from but there's no basis for it unless there's something that went on inside the team that we can't know about.
                  Cal made the comment on the other thread about players connecting more with the fans this year, thought i read that HAMI seemed to be out of touch with the fans last year. Not sure what that means and who knows what went on behind closed doors, i suspect Hami was frustrated all year long because he wasn't as good as advertised and he didn't live up to the expectations, may have been pouting because nothing was being given to him, who knows??
                  I post in peace!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post

Cal made the comment on the other thread about players connecting more with the fans this year, thought i read that HAMI seemed to be out of touch with the fans last year. Not sure what that means and who knows what went on behind closed doors, i suspect Hami was frustrated all year long because he wasn't as good as advertised and he didn't live up to the expectations, may have been pouting because nothing was being given to him, who knows??
                    I think you're right. I believe he fell into a rut and just sort of lost himself midway through the season. Similar things happened with Teague and a few others.

He was definitely an unlikable player. He could be selfish. He had all kinds of holes in his game. But from all accounts he's a good kid and I thought he was trying most of the time.

I think Cal was frustrated more than anything last year that the level of talent he had. A lot of times when we see a flawed team we start to read these narratives into it, and with Vanderbilt there was probably something going on with the family.

But for the most part, we just didn't have great players last season.

Comment

Kentucky draftees

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X