Source: Kings signing rookie Wenyen Gabriel to two-way contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source: Kings signing rookie Wenyen Gabriel to two-way contract

With the NBA roster currently over the limit at 16 players, the Sacramento Kings are working to add a few more pieces to the puzzle. NBC Sports California has confirmed that Sacramento is planning to ink rookie forward, Wenyen Gabriel, to one of their two, two-way contract slots.
    Gabriel dropped by Sacramento during the pre-draft process and impressed the Kings’ front office enough to earn a longer look. The 6-foot-9, 215-pound combo-forward out of the University of Kentucky spent time with the Kings’ summer league team, both during the California Classic at Golden 1 Center and during Las Vegas Summer League.
    The 21-year-old posted 6.8 points and 5.6 rebounds in 16.4 minutes per game in Vegas. He will provide organizational depth at the small and power forward positions. Gabriel can spend up to 45 days with the Kings during the regular season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ki...o-way-contract
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Good news for Wenyen.
    John 3:3

Comment

Surprising news. But a shot while making a bit of money.
      i think the new G league has upped their salary, and there is normally a per day ratio for the league minimum.
      Certainly not mega millions, but a good pay for someone fresh out of college with no degree.
      Congrats, Wenyen.

Comment

I think he'll be a Poythress sort who gets a few of these two-way deals and doesn't quite stick...but you can make a lot of money doing that. Poythress is certainly a millionaire now and has really never scratched any real PT in the NBA.

Comment

Happy for Wenyen.....Best of luck to him

Comment

Source: Kings signing rookie Wenyen Gabriel to two-way contract

Collapse
          Working...
          X