Your Top Three: SG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Top Three: SG

1. Tony Delk- beloved, AA multiple times, 4 year star, and has a NC.

2. Doron Lamb- statistically one of the best 3 point shooters we've had, NC, underrated offensive ability.

3. Jamal Murray- just a fantastic player all around.

1. Tony Delk
    2. Derek Anderson
    3. Donron Lamb

Malik Monk more fun.

Jamal Murray... No thank you, ever, for anything.
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

For consistency and excellence, hard to beat Delk. Bledsoe while being out of position could do some things. Anderson has to be there. Older times Claytor could fill it up when he was on. So could Shepherd.

Comment

The top spot is a little easier here. Then it gets tough.

1. Tony Delk
        2. Doron Lamb
        3. Rex Chapman

3. is very tough. That spot could realistically go to about five or six guys.

Jamal Murray's stats put him among the top guards to ever play here. In an age of "streaky" shooters Murray was about as rock solid as you can get. Also a better defender than most of Cal's young guards. Gerald Fitch could make a case there. (Not sure Derek Anderson can be considered a shooting guard. He played the 3 at UK most of the time.) Malik Monk, obviously.

But Chapman was a John Calipari type of player in an age before those players were common.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
          The top spot is a little easier here. Then it gets tough.

1. Tony Delk
          2. Doron Lamb
          3. Rex Chapman

3. is very tough. That spot could realistically go to about five or six guys.

Jamal Murray's stats put him among the top guards to ever play here. In an age of "streaky" shooters Murray was about as rock solid as you can get. Also a better defender than most of Cal's young guards. Gerald Fitch could make a case there. (Not sure Derek Anderson can be considered a shooting guard. He played the 3 at UK most of the time.) Malik Monk, obviously.

But Chapman was a John Calipari type of player in an age before those players were common.
          Anderson played out of position in 96 and played the 2 in 97 before his injury.
          Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Jack Givens is another of those multi-position guys. If he is considered a shooting guard he should at least be co number 1 with Delk. And I would put Chapman as the 3rd.

Comment

I thought about Givens. At 6'4", 6'6" he was today's 2 guard height, but he normally slotted at small forward. He certainly could shoot though.

Comment

Course, there's Dwight Anderson. Richie Farmer. Chapman. The 2s get forgotten until our outside shooting disappears....then we need a bunch of em.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Anderson played out of position in 96 and played the 2 in 97 before his injury.
                  Very good point. He remains my favorite player and will be among the SF list for me.

Comment

Here's mine. Lost of different ways you could go with this. I am going with shooting as the main element.

Delk
                    Dampier
                    Meeks

If you go with the athletic side of it then you would have to consider ones like Anderson,Chapman,Bogans etc....
                    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                      Richie Farmer.
                      Richie Farmer? As the greatest shooting guard to ever play at Kentucky in your lifetime?

Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Richie Farmer? As the greatest shooting guard to ever play at Kentucky in your lifetime?

Bill.
                        Someone must be from Clay County?
                        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Lol.

Comment

Delk, Dampier, Meeks. I talked with Lil Louie at Fairdale last year.
                            John 3:3

Comment

Know Jay Shidler's numbers may not have been stellar, but he played in the day when long bombers really were not part of the system (no 3 pointer). A good friend of mine from Illinois played against Shidler in High School. Told me that he had to guard him in the state tournament their senior year and that Shidler scored 53 points on him, mostly from very long range. He couldn't stop him. If he had played 20 years later, maybe........

Delk will always be my favorite, though.

Comment

Your Top Three: SG

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X