Practice Report 8/1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Report 8/1

A LOT of basketball stuff out there tonight as the Cats get tuned up for the Bahamas. This is a report from Darrell Bird, but there are a few others I've seen.

Cal in his press conference today was definitely as high on the team as he's been in awhile, and the writers who had the chance to sit in have said there's definitely a more polished look to the team.

https://247sports.com/college/kentuc...g-1-120291053/

Interesting note in there about Quade Green changing his body. Had to find a way to get quicker, and getting more lean is one way to do it.

Also interesting about Cal wanting the video guys to cut video of players taking extra steps with the ball or palming it. Traveling was a big problem with last year's team. Kevin Knox was one of the worst offenders. Getting still before the drive is one of those small things that isn't small. It's a fundamental that most young kids don't usually have in their toolbox.

Comment

Like what I am reading about the freshman, particularly Montgomery and Hagans. It's expected that PJ and Travis will be good. If the freshman are as good as early reviews this could be a really fun year.

Comment

The games are next week in case this has snuck up behind you. I set my DVR last night for all four games. So I am set. The SEC Network is carrying all four games. Cal already in coach speak about those games. He said they cold lose several of them. OK,right.........
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Good reading so thanks for posting. But editing video is not "nipping a problem in the bud." It's just trying to hide it. Really hope we don't travel as much this year.

Comment

Other news that came out yesterday: Jemarl Baker is injured and has had swelling in his knee.

Sort of disappointing considering the injuries he had last year. But I heard from someone who listens to Matt Jones' show that either Jones or one of his guests who'd seen practice claimed that Baker would never get off the bench for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
              Good reading so thanks for posting. But editing video is not "nipping a problem in the bud." It's just trying to hide it. Really hope we don't travel as much this year.
              They cut the video so they can get them in the film room and show them what they're doing by isolating individual plays. Teaching tool.

Comment

One more point about the video thing.

"Cutting" doesn't mean editing out in that case. It means copying. They put that stuff on a sort of sizzle reel so they can show the players individual plays.

Comment

Another practice report. This guy raves about Reid Travis, Quade Green's improvement, Cal's coaching, and more Tyler Herro love.

https://bigblueexpress.com/2018/08/f...ball-practice/

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                    One more point about the video thing.

"Cutting" doesn't mean editing out in that case. It means copying. They put that stuff on a sort of sizzle reel so they can show the players individual plays.
                    Got it. That makes sense.

Comment

Practice Report 8/1

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X