Jon Rothstein's Starting Five

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Rothstein's Starting Five

This is the same Jon Rothstein who's probably the most pre-eminent college basketball writer in America. As tuned in as anybody to what's going on across the country. (Although Rothstein is also the same guy who put Kentucky sixth in his preseason rankings, citing too much youth.)

Anyway, he tweeted his starting five yesterday.

PG Ashton Hagans (obviously)
    SF Keldon Johnson (duh)
    PF PJ Washington (makes sense)
    PF Reid Travis (of course)

And...

SG Tyler Herro

I think Cal will start Quade Green until he is forced not to. I think he wants Green to be the leader of this team and its hard to do that one the bench.
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Herro strikes me as a perfect Duke player - a cocky, athletic white kid that can shoot the ball. Matt Jones thinks UK fans are gonna love him because of this.
      "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

Comment

I agree Green will get the nod until and if, it's very obvious somebody has beat him out.
        John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
          Herro strikes me as a perfect Duke player - a cocky, athletic white kid that can shoot the ball. Matt Jones thinks UK fans are gonna love him because of this.
          Kentuckys version of Marshall Henderson?
          I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
            I think Cal will start Quade Green until he is forced not to. I think he wants Green to be the leader of this team and its hard to do that one the bench.
            I agree...
            Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post

Kentuckys version of Marshall Henderson?
              The comparison I've seen is a less punkish Grayson Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

The comparison I've seen is a less punkish Grayson Allen.
                That was the literal comparison on KSR. A non-mental-disorder Grayson Allen would be pretty sweet.
                Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

That was the literal comparison on KSR. A non-mental-disorder Grayson Allen would be pretty sweet.
                  That was probably where I read it. I agree, when Grayson Allen just played basketball, he was a good player.

Comment

I have been told by a few people who have seen UK practice that Herro will be a "shock" to the majority of BBN. He is a legit talent and Cal won't be able to keep him off the court.

Comment

At this point, will anybody be surprised by Tyler Herro?

He's been highly touted ever since we landed him, and his stock has only risen since.

At this point, I'd be more surprised if he ISN'T really good.

Comment

Surprised if he's good, no.

But I would definitely be surprised if he starts. In fact I'm going to go on record now and say there's little chance of that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
                          I have been told by a few people who have seen UK practice that Herro will be a "shock" to the majority of BBN. He is a legit talent and Cal won't be able to keep him off the court.
                          Not a shock to me at all. I've been in love with him and his game the second I heard of him and watched the first video I could find of him. And not just because he's a white kid that can ball. He may or may not start but he's gonna be fun to watch I have no doubt.

Comment

I was hard on PJ last year and even hard on him watching him during the NBA draft process because i just felt he wasn't even close to being ready for the next level. With that being said, i have a feeling PJ is going to be a monster this year and we are going to love him, especially me lol lol lol
                            I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
                              You ever heard of Marshall Henderson? Probably shouldn't put that on him this early but not worried about Herro and him getting clock...............

Comment

Jon Rothstein's Starting Five

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X