Out of Conference Schedule Set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Conference Schedule Set

UK's OOC schedule is now set. The Louisville game is December 29. The games after Duke up until Dec 8th should be mostly easy ones. VMI is coming back to Rupp. Also Winthrop and UNC-Greensboro among others.

https://ukathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=58
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
    VMI is coming back to Rupp.
    My last game at Rupp, in Row A no less, was fall 2008 when we lost to VMI. Due to superstition I've not been back since

Comment

Still waiting on that Gardner Webb rematch.
      Kentuckian residing too close to Ohio.

Comment

I'm surprised a little VMI came back. But if you need the money you will do it.
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

I actually just think we should round up every bad out of conference loss in the Billy Gillispie era and bring them back for payback.

Comment

The stretch starting with Seton Hall through the Kansas game looks like a blast!!! Can't wait.

Comment

If we are undefeated this year then I will be astounded. Duke, Kansas, UNC, Louisville, along with a pretty tough SEC schedule means this team should take some lumps.

Comment

If Louisville were their normal selves this would probably be the toughest schedule in the post Joe B. Hall era. (One year Tubby Smith played a brutal schedule. We ended up with the #1 RPI because of it but we took significant losses.)

As it is it has to be one of the top three or four. Carolina is going to be a question mark but you could potentially play three top ten teams with another two in the SEC.

Barring injuries I would expect this team to have 4 or 5 losses on Selection Sunday, which should put them in play for a 1 seed with this schedule.

Comment

Speaking of Louisville...

Is the investigation from the Pitino era still ongoing? Are they still looking at penalties from his latest transgressions? It's been almost radio silence on that.

Comment

Full schedule with SEC dates now set -

Comment

Someone on Twitter points out that starting on December 1st, Kentucky plays every game on Tuesday or Saturday.

The SEC is not having Thursday night games this season (good) and UK didn't get any of the Wednesday slots.

Comment

Good, I hated the Thursday night games. Tuesdays and Saturdays are ideal, I think. I never minded a Wednesday night game.

Also the graphic JFCats posted seems to confirm the Secretariat checkboard is here to stay for the season. Commence your complaints now.

Comment

I like the Thursday games. Glad to have something on to watch other than the PAC 12 and the blowhard Bill Walton.

Comment

I've always liked that Tuesday/Saturday rhythm.

UK plays Tennessee twice within a month near the end of the season. Those may be really big games not only for the conference but for seeding in the NCAA. Tennessee has about everyone back this year ans should be a top 10 team.

Vandy-Florida trip will be tough. Starting at Alabama won't be an easy one either.

UK will have one senior this year for Senior Day against Florida. Although he is a one year senior.
                            Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Tuesday/Saturday means we're gonna be getting a LOT (all) of ESPN games.

This is a tough schedule, which is fine with me. This team looks built to compete with anybody, so let's do it.

Comment

Out of Conference Schedule Set

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X