"It Gets Crazy Sometimes": These Wilcats Love to Talk Trash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It Gets Crazy Sometimes": These Wilcats Love to Talk Trash

During the scrimmage the other night you could clearly hear one of the players (not sure who) say to an official as they went to a timeout, "I know you all saw him holding my jersey."

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...219457425.html

Love talkers lol. As long as it doesn't escalate into fights and technicals, I love seeing our guys messing with folks, as long as they can back it up. From the looks of things, this team doesn't appear to be very timid.

Comment

As long as they talk on defense that's all that matters to me.
      Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
        As long as they talk on defense that's all that matters to me.
        For sure. I don't see an advantage trash talking an opponent. Let them fire themselves up.
        John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
          During the scrimmage the other night you could clearly hear one of the players (not sure who) say to an official as they went to a timeout, "I know you all saw him holding my jersey."

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...219457425.html
          I thought this was about Josh Allen...
          Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

For sure. I don't see an advantage trash talking an opponent. Let them fire themselves up.
            There's definitely an advantage if it's the right kind of trash.

I've seen hundreds of games where players have psychologically broken a guy down with talk. I've seen it even on the middle school level. Sometimes that guy might not even be playing that well; he's just in that other guy's head so much that he makes it so that the guy can't operate.

My feeling on it is like I tell my son: basketball isn't a sport for nice guys when you're on the court. Don't play dirty, but sometimes you have to play mean and nasty. Talking comes into that.

But ONCE THE GAME IS OVER, you shake hands. During the game however I think all is fair within the rules.

There is a line, however. Some players cross it. But some players stay right on that magic line and build s**t-talk into their games. Deandre Liggins comes immediately to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

There's definitely an advantage if it's the right kind of trash.

I've seen hundreds of games where players have psychologically broken a guy down with talk. I've seen it even on the middle school level. Sometimes that guy might not even be playing that well; he's just in that other guy's head so much that he makes it so that the guy can't operate.

My feeling on it is like I tell my son: basketball isn't a sport for nice guys when you're on the court. Don't play dirty, but sometimes you have to play mean and nasty. Talking comes into that.

But ONCE THE GAME IS OVER, you shake hands. During the game however I think all is fair within the rules.

There is a line, however. Some players cross it. But some players stay right on that magic line and build s**t-talk into their games. Deandre Liggins comes immediately to mind.
              Oh, I have too. But I've also seen the other guy get fired up and dominate a game. Either way, it's a gamble.
              John 3:3

Comment

Does anybody have a date for BIG BLUE MADNESS??? If some one will post it I would be grateful!!!! Is anybody else getting a buzz for the season to start????

Comment

Originally posted by ralph helm View Post
                  Does anybody have a date for BIG BLUE MADNESS??? If some one will post it I would be grateful!!!! Is anybody else getting a buzz for the season to start????
                  Tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph helm View Post
                    My wife would be very unhappy if I had a date for BBM.

Oh you mean the calendar date! October 12th which is tomorrow.
                    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Cal just mentioned in his media day press conference that there were times he has to get between players.

Says after basketball they're fine and "family." During basketball they're super intense.

Comment

Hilariously, Cal just said that they have had to put in "attitude points" this year because of the trash talking.

Mentioned Keldon Johnson in particular. Says that when they score and start banging their chest and taunting, they take points away.

Comment

"It Gets Crazy Sometimes": These Wilcats Love to Talk Trash

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X