Seven College Basketball Records (We Think) Will Never be Broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven College Basketball Records (We Think) Will Never be Broken

The most astounding one here might be Kerr's 57.3% three point percentage.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ever-be-broken

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

All unlikely but a couple not impossible. The free throws made in a game could be the most likely one to be broken.
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

It's hard to imagine any of them will be broken. The one that stands out to me is when Bill Milkvy scored every point in a game, no teammate scored. In today's environment, ego's would not allow it.
      John 3:3

Comment

Hero takes this one down this year...
        Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Hero takes this one down this year...
          Here's hoping!!
          John 3:3

Comment

Think Herro will do as much damage in the mid-range and at the basket this year. He'll hit threes, but his game is very crafty and very balanced.

Anytime you're over 40% you've accomplished something. The best season statistically for UK ever is 53% from Cameron Mills, but he only made 42. The most impressive season is Ford's 53% where he made 100. In the Cal era Doron Lamb, Jamal Murray, and Darius Miller all put up pretty staggering seasons.

I'd expect Herro to hit 60 or so and be around 40%.

Comment

Think Herro will do as much damage in the mid-range and at the basket this year. He'll hit threes, but his game is very crafty and very balanced.

Anytime you're over 40% you've accomplished something. The best season statistically for UK ever is 53% from Cameron Mills, but he only made 42. The most impressive season is Ford's 53% where he made 100. In the Cal era Doron Lamb, Jamal Murray, and Darius Miller all put up pretty staggering seasons.

I'd expect Herro to hit 60 or so and be around 40%.
              Herro hits over 80 at 54%. Write. It. Down.

(or maybe baker does...)

Comment

Herro hits over 80 at 54%. Write. It. Down.

(or maybe baker does...)
                Hope so...but I'll buy you a steak dinner if that happens

If he's at 80 makes he'll be closer to 35% than 50. He isn't the kind of player who's going to shoot an enormous percentage like that: defenses will key on him, he'll take some bad shots, he's much more athletic than most of these spot-up shooters, etc.

Comment

Just scrolling down the list of recent statistics, only 11 players have been over 54% from three in the last decade. (I'm getting that from ESPN and it looks like their minimum number of attempts might be 50.)

In two seasons during that time no player shot 54%. In one of those seasons nobody shot 52%.

Only one player in the last decade was +54 with 80+ makes: Kennesaw State's Nick Masterson in 2017.

Comment

Just scrolling down the list of recent statistics, only 11 players have been over 54% from three in the last decade. (I'm getting that from ESPN and it looks like their minimum number of attempts might be 50.)

In two seasons during that time no player shot 54%. In one of those seasons nobody shot 52%.

Only one player in the last decade was +54 with 80+ makes: Kennesaw State's Nick Masterson in 2017.
                    Which is why it will be so baller when it happens this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Which is why it will be so baller when it happens this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Yes it would.

With his size and given the overall talent of this team something like that would probably make him the #1 player in the draft.

Comment

What about UCLA record of 88 straight wins???

Comment

Originally posted by ralph helm View Post
                          What about UCLA record of 88 straight wins???
                          That and 7 straight national championships. Those two will never be touched.
                          Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Bill Walton once made the comment that if the NCAA did a SERIOUS check into SAINT JOHN WOOTEN,S teams Eight of his titles would have been disqualified!!!! The NCAA thought he was the 'GOLDEN BOY' &would have never touched him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

^^^Yes Ralph that's long established by UCLA insiders but much like UNC there are a very few programs the NCAA would rather not find anything on. You don't look...you don't find. People with direct knowledge of wrongdoing tell you anyway...you look away and still don't find. Enough people keep bringing it up you eventually have to look...you find...you make up a reason why you cannot punish.

Comment

Seven College Basketball Records (We Think) Will Never be Broken

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X