"Grown Man" Travis Gives Kentucky the Experience It's Lacked for Years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grown Man" Travis Gives Kentucky the Experience It's Lacked for Years

Long but very good article on Reid Travis from the Sporting News. Gets into how and why Travis ended up at Kentucky, and interestingly Travis gives a lot of credit to Kenny Payne.

Love the detail in there where the writer says he had a twenty-five-minute conversation with Marvin Bagley wherein Bagley didn't look him in the eye once.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...o1r9z8dztwfb99

Good article. I'm looking for good leadership from Travis and not necessarily a ton of points. Although he'll be a beast on the boards.
    John 3:3

Comment

Grown man was used a lot to describe Travis during pro day. I found it hilarious when they asked someone , Keldon Johnson I think if he had ever run into a pick Travis set. He kinda shook his head and his eyes got big and he used the grown man line also.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
        Good article. I'm looking for good leadership from Travis and not necessarily a ton of points. Although he'll be a beast on the boards.
        If he plays like he did in the pro day scrimmage he might average 14 or 15. He was scoring every time he touched it basically.

He's a really good fit for the SEC, which has always been a physical--if not a skilled--league. (They've become more skilled the last couple of years.) In the Calipari era Kentucky has had trouble with these teams who want to uglify games in packed gyms on Tuesday nights at 9:00 and escape with low-scoring wins. Travis should be able to firewall us against that, and I think it's in those very games--against the South Carolinas of the world--where he kind of holds us afloat and is the leading scorer.

He won't average 20 like he did at Stanford obviously but I think he and Keldon Johnson will be the team's leading scorers when it all shakes out.

Comment

I fully expect this guy to average a double-double. He should get lots of shots at the line. I expect Washington to be in the neighborhood with points and rebounds (I hope he's been practicing his FT shooting).

Comment

"Grown Man" Travis Gives Kentucky the Experience It's Lacked for Years

Collapse
          Working...
          X