Transy Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transy Game Thread

UK begins its journey tonight against Transy. The game is at 7:00.

Kentucky will win easily but Transy might be bringing in its best team to Rupp. (Looks like the last time these two met up was in an exhibition in 2013.) Transy won just 17 games last year, but they return their entire starting backcourt, including a guy named Cooper Theobald who can really play.

UK should win by at least 35 but Transy might be able to put up resistance, which is what you need to see in these exhibitions.

Even though the game doesn't count in the standings this begins another journey that will hopefully end with a title in Minnieapolis in early April. UK seems to have just the right amount of experience and youth. They have the talent and don't appear to have many flaws. This should be a fun and great team to watch. So just sit back and enjoy the ride. You never when they may end.

The game is on the SEC Network. I will have to watch it later from the DVR as me and the wife are going to see the latest version of Halloween tonight.
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

It will be good for our guys to go against another team instead of each other. This game is a great opportunity for Transy to get some exposure and earn a big payday. The AD at Transy is a very good friend and she is excited for their program. It's a good thing UK does.
      John 3:3

Comment

Can't wait to get this train rolling.

There is more excitement in the air for this squad than I've seen since 38-1; the talented roster and the dominance in the Bahamas has a lot to do with it. With that said, I wish we had some more warmup games before playing Duke in the first official game. If we lose that game, I feel like a lot of the excitement and momentum for this season will be lost.

Comment

Who is excited about the season starting tonight?????????????????? I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go Cats--time to hang BANNER #9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hope Kevin Hall escapes MICHAEL MYERS tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ralph helm View Post
              Hope Kevin Hall escapes MICHAEL MYERS tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              If you never hear from me again you know what happened. Very appropriate UK is playing Transylvania right before Halloween don't you think?
              Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

The starters (he's going huge to start):

Quickley
                Quade
                PJ
                Reid Travis
                Richards

Comment

That's a heck of a bench.

Comment

I am really loving the new and improved Nick Richards

Comment

Kentucky struggled a tad with some stuff that half, notably defensively.

Thought Herro had a tough time. Didn't see that at all in the Bahamas. Looked nervous.

Loved Hagans and Johnson. Johnson looks like he wants to hurt his defender every time he gets the ball.

Comment

For me the instant Keldon Johnson sits down the excitement level goes down a notch or 2.

Comment

Reid Travis's weird ability to run down tough rebounds is something else we didn't see last year.

Comment

This game is getting real ugly. One of those prototypical low-energy Rupp games where Kentucky is clanking, the other team is deadset determined to get it into a grind, and we're working on some stuff.

Pretty much the opposite of those wild, electric Bahamas games.

Comment

Yeah, this one has been a grind.

Surprised at how uncomfortable Herro has looked.

Comment

Transy Game Thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X