Second Exhibition Tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Exhibition Tonight

So we are wrapping up one of the quietest weeks around Kentucky basketball I can remember. Mostly this is due to the magical ride the football team is on, and God knows they deserve it. But it's also partly about the coming-back-to-earth moment the b'ball team gave us last Friday night against Transy. That was a very bad showing--in fact it was probably among the worst exhibition games I've seen a Calipari team play. So many things went wrong, mostly on the defensive end. Joel Justus yesterday said that Kentucky gave up 26 straight line drives. You wouldn't expect something like that against high D1 competition.

Tonight the Cats take the floor again against Indiana University of Pennsylvania, a DII team that has quite a bit more size than Transy. They won 22 games last year, and although they lost their top scorer, they return a very good nucleus. They should be able to put up a decent fight.

I expect the defense to be much more stout in this game. The energy was just so low last Friday, and you usually don't see that two outings in a row with a Cal team. I also expect some shots to fall, particularly from Tyler Herro. I would be really surprised if Kentucky doesn't punish this team and we're all left with a better taste in our mouth going into the Duke game.

I'M READY!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, it's unheard of with the season ready to start that there is a week between any kind of post about basketball. All the reasons mentioned play a big part. But I think the Bahamas trip does as well. We have seen this team so much more than normal. And I think have a pretty good idea what we are going to see.

I agree that IUPA is likely in for a pounding tonight. But more than the margin I am interested to see what improvements this week has brought. I expect much better defense but we know that takes a while. I'm most curious how he handles the PG rotation.

Most important is no injuries. Play this one, have fun and get ready for Tuesday. Been looking forward to that one for awhile.

Comment

Well its another meaningless game of course. But I'd hate to head into the Duke game with another lack-luster effort tonight. I hope to see some fire tonight.

Comment

For the first time in my life I am pumped up for football more so than basketball......Let that sink in

Comment

A nice time waster before the big football game. How often do we say that?

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
              For the first time in my life I am pumped up for football more so than basketball......Let that sink in
              I'm sunk.

We all are just older and more overwhelmed with everything in life now. Things come upon us before we know it now. Hard to believe another season is starting. Seems like last season just ended.
              Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Second Exhibition Tonight

Collapse
              Working...
              X