Hagans, Vanderbilt, Wiseman Named in New Documents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagans, Vanderbilt, Wiseman Named in New Documents

No evidence has been found that money ever changed hands, but it appears that Dawkins had drawn up plans to pay these players.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ed/1927934002/

Wake me up when it's proven that money changed hands.

Comment

Dawkins was planning to pay $180,000 to Vanderbilt and his family.

If that money was ever paid out, Kentucky got royally screwed on that deal. Vanderbilt scored 82 points at Kentucky. That means Dawkins woulda been paying him about $2200 a point.

That's the granddaddy of bad deals.

Comment

Bottom line of what this comes down to is whether these agents are acting on their own or they are getting some direction from the coaches. If it is ever proven the coaches are involved then things will crash down pretty quickly. Just have to sit back and wait.
        It was no wonder Vanderbilts handlers didn't want him to play. There was a lot of money sitting on the table for him to come out and be in the draft, I have always felt like there was some agreement between Vanderbilt's people and Cal to play in X amount of games just prove he was fairly healthy. When they hit that limit another minor "injury" would put him out. I think a lot of what is in that article goes a long way in proving my theory.
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
          Bottom line of what this comes down to is whether these agents are acting on their own or they are getting some direction from the coaches. If it is ever proven the coaches are involved then things will crash down pretty quickly. Just have to sit back and wait.
          It was no wonder Vanderbilts handlers didn't want him to play. There was a lot of money sitting on the table for him to come out and be in the draft, I have always felt like there was some agreement between Vanderbilt's people and Cal to play in X amount of games just prove he was fairly healthy. When they hit that limit another minor "injury" would put him out. I think a lot of what is in that article goes a long way in proving my theory.
          They do have Bill Self making comments that seem to suggest he was okaying pay-offs. Pitino too.

I think it's clear from what's been happening around college basketball for the past year that all these players were probably paid. The only question is the amount and how long those payments had been coming in.

I'd say all high D1 coaches were involved, all knew, and all okayed payments either personally or through some intermediary. It's also true though that operators like Dawkins and Merl Code and the others wanted to get rich, so it's very hard to parse out where the coaches' involvement ends and where some of these other guys were just going rogue.

Comment

Dawkins sure was planning on blowing a lot of $$$$ lol

Comment

No mention of Nassir Little or Zion Williamson yesterday apparently. I assume the table is being set to screw everyone other than the untouchables.

Comment

Hagans, Vanderbilt, Wiseman Named in New Documents

Collapse
              Working...
              X