Cal's scheduling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal's scheduling

We've reached the part of the basketball schedule when it seems like eternity between games. I understand Cal tries to get in one early game against a good team to see where they stand. Then a bunch of games in a short period against weaker opponents to gain confidence. Then December is just one game per week which includes "Camp Cal" and tons of practice time. So I'm not saying its "bad" scheduling every year. I just want to see more basketball this time of year. It's like football with just a game per week.

From November 29 to January 4 is 36 days with 5 games.

Oh well--as long as the team improves a bunch this month I'm OK with it.

I hope we come out of this looking like that team over the summer, not the one against Duke...
    I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

That would be worth the wait.

Comment

We used to not do this, but when we didn't do it the season started about two weeks later.

Last ten or twelve years we've been playing on mostly weekends in December.

I hate it with everything in my being.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
          We used to not do this, but when we didn't do it the season started about two weeks later.

Last ten or twelve years we've been playing on mostly weekends in December.

I hate it with everything in my being.
          I don't like it either. Seems like forever between games. And my December weekends are always terribly busy as well.

Comment

Plus we have the horrid noon start time tomorrow.

Nothing worse than a noon game. Also it seems like Kentucky rarely plays well in noon games.

Comment

I am worried about PG play. I don't really care about scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by boomdaddy View Post
                I am worried about PG play. I don't really care about scheduling.
                Hagans put up the best performance by far either of them has played last Saturday.

Problem with him is that he doesn't have much offensive game beyond about 10 feet. But he has the juice. When you have the juice, you can be a star at this level. You would hope he gets over his hesitancy and starts trying to push the envelope a little.

I see something with him but obviously he's very raw. Hard to tell if he's going to get it this year.

But I agree that position is the key to whether or not Kentucky can be a solid, consistent team.

Comment

^^^ Hagans has to come back next year, he should've never reclassified (I said it back then) he is too raw, but he plays good defense considering he's really a HS senior.
                  Last edited by 85 Fly; 12-12-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Cal's scheduling

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X