Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Vandy @ Kentucky Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Heaven
    replied
    Didn't watch last night as I was out. Listened on the radio and we have got to get rid of these slow starts. This just isn't fun to watch. Going through the motions won't cut it or we will get hammered in the meat of our schedule. We look like a team that will take serious conference lumps and limp into the Big Dance. So tired of this model!!

Leave a comment:

• justford
    replied
    Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
    I was at the game and it was a packed house last night.......another slow start......most impressive stat of the night was holding Vandy to 17 points in the 2nd half
    Don't know how much was our defense or just Vanderbilt is not a good shooting team. They had several open looks from the three point line. Thank goodness they missed many of them.

Leave a comment:

• TrueblueCATfan
    replied
    I was at the game and it was a packed house last night.......another slow start......most impressive stat of the night was holding Vandy to 17 points in the 2nd half

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Dave
    replied
    FWIW, both teams shot 14 of 26 from the line.....53.8%. That's beyond lame.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    Kentucky simply has to figure out what's going wrong in the first six or seven minutes of games.

You can get away with that against Vandy. But if UK comes out that flat next weekend at Auburn they'll get hammered.

Our opponents' shooting percentage in the first few minutes the last three games has to be hovering around 80%. I actually thought our defense was a strong point last night after that first stretch, but whatever's happening at the beginning of games has to be fixed ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    Vandy's zone was certainly a difference maker. Reid and PJ's point production was disappointing, but they battled on the boards, especially Reid.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    Originally posted by Jload View Post
    Part of the problem with PJ and Ried is our guards aren’t very good at scoring or distributing the ball, this has allowed teams to pack it in and clog the lane as they have for the last 2 games. When your point guard can’t penetrate, is a poor shooter and a mediocre passer is does your inside people no favors, I dread the Ten and Auburn games, Florida will be no prize either, they actually play defense.
    Ashton Hagans can't penetrate? I also think he's a better than average passer.

The problem in the game last night was that Vandy packed it in with that zone and essentially shut off certain places of the floor. It did take too long to figure out where to attack it, but that isn't the first time Drew's teams have run that out against us. Shai had problems with it last year. You basically have to hit shots or get in the middle of it. Johnson did okay at getting in the middle and we hit just enough shots to pull away. Thought Quickley in particular sort of saved us.

But Hagans can absolutely penetrate and find people. That's just a very difficult defense to operate against. It's the definition of junk defense.

Leave a comment:

• Jload
    replied
    Part of the problem with PJ and Ried is our guards aren’t very good at scoring or distributing the ball, this has allowed teams to pack it in and clog the lane as they have for the last 2 games. When your point guard can’t penetrate, is a poor shooter and a mediocre passer is does your inside people no favors, I dread the Ten and Auburn games, Florida will be no prize either, they actually play defense.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post

So, define the "first to touch the ball" part. The first to touch it other than the player with the ball when he came back in bounds?
    The rule can be confusing. The part you are mentioning only has to do with a throw-in after a score. A player is out of bounds, passes the ball to a teammate who has stepped out of bounds. The first player steps inbounds and is the first to touch the ball. That is a legal play.

Leave a comment:

• Pobilly
    replied
    Another game like going to the Dentist. I watched some with my in laws. We do not look like a team that has grown much. PJ is taking steps back. Same with Travis.

Leave a comment:

• Catsrock
    replied
    They got it wrong. If Hagans threw a pass toward Tyler while he was out of bounds and he jumped in bounds and caught it it is a turnover. But he was back in bounds well before the pass was thrown. Therefore Hagans touched the ball before Tyler after Tyler was back in bounds. And it wasn't even close.

Thank you for the rule Lighthouse.

Leave a comment:

• ralph helm
    replied
    A good W-- not real pretty but a W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• teamchemistry15
    replied
    Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Here is the rule as written.

Section 3. Player Out of Bounds Art. 1. A player who steps out of bounds under his own volition and then becomes the first player to touch the ball after returning to the playing court has committed a violation. a. A violation has not been committed when a player, who steps out of bounds as permitted by Rule 7-4.6.b, does not receive the pass along the end line from a teammate and is the first to touch the ball after his return to the playing court.
    So, define the "first to touch the ball" part. The first to touch it other than the player with the ball when he came back in bounds?

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post

Hagans had the ball at the top, Herro was running the baseline and stepped out of bounds, he came back in bounds, went to the wing, and Hagans passed him the ball. Is the rule you can't be the NEXT person to touch the ball when coming in from out of bounds? Hagans was dribbling and passed it to Herro. Would he not count considering he touched the ball after Herro came back in?
    Here is the rule as written.

Section 3. Player Out of Bounds Art. 1. A player who steps out of bounds under his own volition and then becomes the first player to touch the ball after returning to the playing court has committed a violation. a. A violation has not been committed when a player, who steps out of bounds as permitted by Rule 7-4.6.b, does not receive the pass along the end line from a teammate and is the first to touch the ball after his return to the playing court.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight Schrute
    replied
    Keldon just got kneed in the nuts, but it looked incidental.

Leave a comment:

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Vandy @ Kentucky Game Thread.

Collapse
Working...
X