• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Back in Top 10; Tennessee New #1

Kentucky checks in at #8.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...224856470.html

Way to go CATS.....that UK-Tenn matchup is going to be epic

Comment

Tennessee should have lost on Saturday. Alabama outplayed them, just could not hit free throws.

Alabama can give teams that don't have a lot of length problems. Tennessee is great but they're built like UK: they don't perform well against long, athletic teams. I think Duke would smash Tennessee because Tennessee just wouldn't be able to contain their athletes.

But as far as just a pure assemblage of basketball players, Tennessee is probably the best in the country.

Comment

YEEEEEEEEEE! Seems like an awful long time still before our game but boy would it be cool if we can hold onto the #1 spot until then at least.

Have a good week, Cats.
        Wish that I was on ol Rocky Top

Comment

Virginia Tech still ranked way too high. Their best win is Purdue and they have lost to Penn State. Virginia waxed them by 22. They play UNC tonight.

Good week for the Big Blue. It’s hard to win on the road in any conference, particularly one as tough as the SEC. Our conference has 6 ranked teams this week, the most of any conference. If we can win our two games this week the guy’s confidence will be sky high. I like the way we are heading.
          Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Is it wrong for me to be scared now that this team is back in the top ten? Seems like to me they are more hungry when disrespected in the rankings...
            I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
              Virginia Tech still ranked way too high. Their best win is Purdue and they have lost to Penn State. Virginia waxed them by 22. They play UNC tonight.

Good week for the Big Blue. It’s hard to win on the road in any conference, particularly one as tough as the SEC. Our conference has 6 ranked teams this week, the most of any conference. If we can win our two games this week the guy’s confidence will be sky high. I like the way we are heading.
              Not sure about that. The computers love VA Tech. KenPom has them at #7 (offense ranking of 7) and NCAA Net rankings has that at #9.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

Not sure about that. The computers love VA Tech. KenPom has them at #7 (offense ranking of 7) and NCAA Net rankings has that at #9.
                Look at their schedule thus far. Sprinkled with turds.
                Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Brother_Vol View Post
                  YEEEEEEEEEE! Seems like an awful long time still before our game but boy would it be cool if we can hold onto the #1 spot until then at least.

Have a good week, Cats.
                  Good Luck Bro Vol. Wish you well until "The Game".

Comment

Personally at this time of year I prefer a lower rating especially with this team. Like JJ I think they play harder as the underdog, but I also like for them to rewarded for their improvement and ranked accordingly. I guess with everybody wanting to beat Kentucky, it doesn't matter much where they're ranked.
                    John 3:3

Comment

The last time Kentucky got some momentum and seemed to be playing well we lost to an average Alabama team.

I agree they seem to play better with a chip on their shoulder but there's no way to keep the ranking low if you win, and Kentucky needs to win. The objective, as always, is the easiest route through March. Best way to get there is to string W's together.

Comment

Going back to Virginia Tech: they just got blown off the floor by North Carolina.

So if the computers love Virginia Tech they must really love Kentucky after tonight.

Comment

UT isn’t the best team in the country right now IMO, don’t believe they could beat Gonzaga now that they have added two really good players to the lineup that didn’t play against UT. They are really good however and if Schofield is hot they can beat anyone, problem is he has been streaky this year. As for UK in top ten let’s wait till next Monday and see how they handle it. 2 wins would put us in position for a great seed in the tourney, I originally thought a 4-5 seed was our ceiling, win the next 2 and split with UT and a 2 or 3 looks possible. Gonzaga, Duke and Michigan State appear locks to me for ones and I’m guessing Virginia gets the other one if they can beat Duke at home. If UT sweeps us they will get it. My guess is the 2 would be UT/ Virginia, Michigan, Kansas and UK/ Nevada. Still a lot of basketball to de played but a couple of wins by the Cats this week would bo quite a bit to erase the National stink the blowout by Duke left on our resume.

Comment

I will be in Rupp tonight. They better win. Need to keep the streak going. Surely they are enjoying winning and won’t let a game they are supposed to win get away from them.

Comment

I haven't watched Tennessee this year, they that good or a time will tell team?
                              I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Kentucky Back in Top 10; Tennessee New #1

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X