X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueblueCATfan
    replied
    Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post
    Nice to enjoy a late game rather than getting all worked up.
    I hear ya Cathy...that was my kind of game

Leave a comment:

• Blue Heaven
    replied
    Forced to listen on iheart radio. Man the Cats sure played awesome! Can't wait to watch the replay. We are getting better every game but still room for growth! This is a fun team!

Leave a comment:

• JFCats22
    replied
    Vandy made 9 threes and only 7 two point FGs...that’s crazy!

Leave a comment:

• teamchemistry15
    replied
    Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

I had a HS girls Coach ask me why girls can't block shots and get fouls most of the time. I told her, because they can only block the ball while it's still in the shooters hand which ends up being a hit across the arm. Bill Russell blocked a lot of shots, but most of them were after the ball left the shooters hand.
    I know we got spoiled with Davis, Noel, and WCS, but not everyone has those instincts. Davis had the instincts on the defensive end like Russell. Nick and EJ need to learn to use their height instead of trying too hard.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post

I understand most kids would rather swat one into the third row, but the idea of teaching kids to jump with their arms straight up seems to have gone by the wayside.
    I had a HS girls Coach ask me why girls can't block shots and get fouls most of the time. I told her, because they can only block the ball while it's still in the shooters hand which ends up being a hit across the arm. Bill Russell blocked a lot of shots, but most of them were after the ball left the shooters hand.

Leave a comment:

• ralph helm
    replied
    This is gonna make a post game Bud Lite taste better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• CATHYnKY
    replied
    Nice to enjoy a late game rather than getting all worked up.

Leave a comment:

• teamchemistry15
    replied
    Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

And when they flail their arms, they end up with a foul.
    I understand most kids would rather swat one into the third row, but the idea of teaching kids to jump with their arms straight up seems to have gone by the wayside.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
    One thing I would like to see them work on with Nick and EJ is how they attempt to block shots. More often than not they jump and flail an arm aimlessly towards the ball. With their size and length I feel like jumping with their arms straight up would be much more effective with the way they swat sw and miss so often.
    And when they flail their arms, they end up with a foul.

Leave a comment:

• teamchemistry15
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    I expect Jimmy Dykes’ country song to be the ugly in Lavender’s thread tomorrow.
    You must've heard a different version. That gem belongs in the "best" section.

Leave a comment:

• teamchemistry15
    replied
    One thing I would like to see them work on with Nick and EJ is how they attempt to block shots. More often than not they jump and flail an arm aimlessly towards the ball. With their size and length I feel like jumping with their arms straight up would be much more effective with the way they swat sw and miss so often.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    Well at least Vandy has outscored PJ by 9.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight Schrute
    replied
    I expect Jimmy Dykes’ country song to be the ugly in Lavender’s thread tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• CATHYnKY
    replied
    Foul fest now 🙄

Leave a comment:

• JFCats22
    replied
    Pretty solid game so far.

Leave a comment:

Vandy Game Thread

Collapse
Working...