Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Bilas vs. the Entire Big Blue Nation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jay Bilas vs. the Entire Big Blue Nation

    An odd fight is happening on Twitter.

    It began with this article, which talks about college basketball cheating and shows a photo of Cal at the top. Problem is, the article has nothing to do with Cal.

    Flash forward to yesterday afternoon. Jay Bilas links to the article, which makes one of Calipari's daughters mention the Cal picture. Bilas (for some bizarre reason) chooses to insult Cal's daughter, who in turn gets a dig in at him...and then it's on.

    As of this morning Bilas isn't backing down. He's pretty much saying UK fans have thin skin and doesn't seem to understand why the photograph is a problem. It'll probably be something that everybody forgets about by this weekend, but it is a strange stance for Bilas to take. Seems almost Dan Dakich-esque.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    An odd fight is happening on Twitter.

    It began with this article, which talks about college basketball cheating and shows a photo of Cal at the top. Problem is, the article has nothing to do with Cal.

    Flash forward to yesterday afternoon. Jay Bilas links to the article, which makes one of Calipari's daughters mention the Cal picture. Bilas (for some bizarre reason) chooses to insult Cal's daughter, who in turn gets a dig in at him...and then it's on.

    As of this morning Bilas isn't backing down. He's pretty much saying UK fans have thin skin and doesn't seem to understand why the photograph is a problem. It'll probably be something that everybody forgets about by this weekend, but it is a strange stance for Bilas to take. Seems almost Dan Dakich-esque.
    I think Jay (whom I like) is being an a$$hole about this. Especially WRT to Cal's daughter.

    He is right that BBN does have a thin skin. Perhaps the most precious fanbase in the country, but that isn't in play here. It was a bush league move by the Oregonian and the clear implication is that Cal is dirty.
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

      I think Jay (whom I like) is being an a$$hole about this. Especially WRT to Cal's daughter.

      He is right that BBN does have a thin skin. Perhaps the most precious fanbase in the country, but that isn't in play here. It was a bush league move by the Oregonian and the clear implication is that Cal is dirty.
      Exactly the way I feel.

      Bilas could make a broader claim about how the BBN flips out about everything, but that's not what he did. Instead he chose to attack (rudely) Cal's daughter for some reason, and that's kind of out of character for him.

      Comment


      • #4
        At some point, Bilas morphed from nerdy basketball analyst to crochety old guy with a cranky personality - probably right around the time he started shaving his head.

        I don't care if he goes after UK fans because there's a ton of them and honestly, a lot of UK fans have it coming. But there's no need to go after Cal's daughters. Bilas is being an a** here.

        The Oregon Newspaper is a joke for for running a picture of Cal in a story about Adidas' corruption.

        Comment


        • #5
          You ought to see the house that Zion Williamson is living in right now while on campus at Duke, the irony of all this smh...
          I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
            You ought to see the house that Zion Williamson is living in right now while on campus at Duke, the irony of all this smh...
            Do you have a pic or a link to pics? I have heard about his house but have not seen any pics of it. Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Everyone in WILDCAT NATION would love to see a pic of it posted here----CANNON FODDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by justford View Post

                Do you have a pic or a link to pics? I have heard about his house but have not seen any pics of it. Thanks
                I do not, saw it yesterday on facebook on a Wildcat page. If i can find it i will post it, you can't make this stuff up folks!!!!!
                I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is this what you saw, JWORLD? Notice a UK fan posted it. Probably not the most reliable source....Click image for larger version

Name:	72928B56-522E-4182-BA7B-55EBCF0F5EEB.png
Views:	157
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	197006

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                    Is this what you saw, JWORLD? Notice a UK fan posted it. Probably not the most reliable source....Click image for larger version

Name:	72928B56-522E-4182-BA7B-55EBCF0F5EEB.png
Views:	157
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	197006
                    Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!! There it is...
                    I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Now we all due respect Mr. Lighthouse, you cannot police me on twitter, about to start some shii!!!!

                      Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!

                      PS.. You know i am just giving you some crap Lighthouse, i appreciate your prayers over the past few years and consider you a elder whom i have alot of respect for, carry on!!!
                      I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                        Is this what you saw, JWORLD? Notice a UK fan posted it. Probably not the most reliable source....Click image for larger version

Name:	72928B56-522E-4182-BA7B-55EBCF0F5EEB.png
Views:	157
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	197006
                        Would you look at that, i wonder how much the upkeep and expenses are on that home month to month? What about the yearly taxes, who mows the lawn?
                        I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nice home. I wonder who keeps it clean? I know. If I have to ask that question I don't need to live in that house. I'm not going to get into the fray, if there is one, on this home. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the academic fraud at UNC. Now that is truly offensive for any institution that prides itself on academic excellence. There was a time when UNC had that pride.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They put Cal's picture on that article to get clicks...and it worked

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
                              You ought to see the house that Zion Williamson is living in right now while on campus at Duke, the irony of all this smh...
                              I saw that same picture back before the season started.....interesting to say the least

                              Comment

                              Jay Bilas vs. the Entire Big Blue Nation

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X