Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

South Carolina vs. UK: Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Lavender
    replied
    It would be great to have a guy off the bench you could put in there for 10 minutes or so and get one three out of.

Kyle Wiltjer hit at least one three in seven of our last ten games of the 2012 season. That's huge when you're playing defense like we do, because at this point with Kentucky it looks like it's going to be a race to 65 or 70. If you can hit 6 or 8 threes with the way we shoot free throws and the way we're defending, then the math of the thing works out to where it's very hard for you to lose.

Leave a comment:

• J.Jennings
    replied
    Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    Baker hasn't shot it bad. He's 9-26 on the year, which is okay for a guy that doesn't really play enough to get into any kind of rhythm.

The best thing Baker does is he doesn't break down on defense. He's strangely an upgrade over Green because he doesn't get blown by. He's long, surprisingly athletic, and he can at the very least go out there and hold his own. There've been a couple of games this year where Baker was locking down pretty good players.

He's been part of why Kentucky has turned into a very good defensive team. I'm not sure we get here with Quade.
    What i like about his is that he is stickly in there to shoot and he plays pretty decent D, he's going to be alright, technically he's still a rookie...

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    Baker hasn't shot it bad. He's 9-26 on the year, which is okay for a guy that doesn't really play enough to get into any kind of rhythm.

The best thing Baker does is he doesn't break down on defense. He's strangely an upgrade over Green because he doesn't get blown by. He's long, surprisingly athletic, and he can at the very least go out there and hold his own. There've been a couple of games this year where Baker was locking down pretty good players.

He's been part of why Kentucky has turned into a very good defensive team. I'm not sure we get here with Quade.

Leave a comment:

• J.Jennings
    replied
    od
    Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley were the Y tonight in Rupp.

Love those guys.
    Yep, good players, just bad timing during that era for UK with all that was going on...

Leave a comment:

• J.Jennings
    replied
    Originally posted by Jload View Post
    The best play by the Cats tonight came after the game, hanging out with the special olympics kids. Pure gold, the Baker kid saying this was part of why he came here wow. He gets a pass from me the rest of his career no matter how many he misses.
    Once them shots start falling, we going to love this kid even more. He can shoot it, just not going down right now...

Leave a comment:

• Pobilly
    replied
    What a ugly game to watch. That being said, another solid win by the cats! Board work was great tonight. Hagens pushed a little too hard and got out of his comfort a little. Now on to another hard road test. Hope we bring it early Saturday. 1pm game

Leave a comment:

• Jload
    replied
    The best play by the Cats tonight came after the game, hanging out with the special olympics kids. Pure gold, the Baker kid saying this was part of why he came here wow. He gets a pass from me the rest of his career no matter how many he misses.

Leave a comment:

• TrueblueCATfan
    replied
    What a blow out win.....ad WOW what game for EJ

and hasn't chris silva been there for 10 years

Leave a comment:

• Jeff ROCKober
    replied
    A sloppy game but Martin is a good coach and that's the only way South Carolina could be UK. Kentucky dominated the boards. Wow. How many bunnies can UK miss? This could have been a 40 point win but I will take a blow out ugly win any day. EJ could really be the spark to make this UK team special. Hagens has quit going toward the rim as well and I realize teams are playing back on him but he had multiple opportunities to drive to the basket and did not. But he is one of the few players that can give up a turn over and then 2 seconds later has stolen ball back. The kid is gritty. PJ with another solid game. If this team starts hitting open jumpers, this could get fun.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    What a performance by E.J. Game of the year from him by far.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    EJ has 13 rebounds, 8 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 turnovers and 4 fouls. A very active young man tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    And man I hate the way Frank Martin's teams play.

A lot of weak flopping mixed with some goonish hacking. Brutal.
    That stuff makes for an ugly game.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    And man I hate the way Frank Martin's teams play.

A lot of weak flopping mixed with some goonish hacking. Brutal.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    Originally posted by samsdad View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if Hagans is sick or hurt.
    Don't think so. Still killing it on D.

I think he's having problems reading the defense. Doesn't do well when teams slough like teams are starting to do.

Leave a comment:

• samsdad
    replied
    I'm beginning to wonder if Hagans is sick or hurt.

Leave a comment:

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

South Carolina vs. UK: Game Thread

Collapse
Working...
X