What's your take Lighthouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your take Lighthouse?

Roger Ayers making honest mistakes, coincidence, or something much more troubling?

First I would consider the source. Then their purpose. Mr Ayers has had a very long and successful career and I would doubt he would do anything on purpose to jeopardize it.
    John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
      First I would consider the source. Then their purpose. Mr Ayers has had a very long and successful career and I would doubt he would do anything on purpose to jeopardize it.
      Well, the source is a sports gambling site. Their purpose is to help folks pick games. The evidence is right there on video. History is littered with folks who had "long and successful careers" only to later be exposed as a less than ethical person. Not convicting Ayers of anything, but I'm also not gonna just turn a blind eye to it.

Comment

It's hard to trust and defend people we don't know. I am not a gambler and don't condone it but that's some pretty good evidence right there.
        No man is a failure who has friends

Comment

Incidentally Ayers was involved in the single-worst officiated Kentucky game I've ever watched, which is this one.

IMO that game was far worse than the other infamous game against Carolina that John Higgins did.

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

Well, the source is a sports gambling site. Their purpose is to help folks pick games. The evidence is right there on video. History is littered with folks who had "long and successful careers" only to later be exposed as a less than ethical person. Not convicting Ayers of anything, but I'm also not gonna just turn a blind eye to it.
            OK, IMO you just answered your own question when you said what the site is. I don't know Roger Ayers or what he's about, and I say anything about a video because I couldn't find one.
            Last edited by Lighthouse; 02-07-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
              Incidentally Ayers was involved in the single-worst officiated Kentucky game I've ever watched, which is this one.

IMO that game was far worse than the other infamous game against Carolina that John Higgins did.
              I'm trying to remember that game, but the game was at UNC and we lost by 2. So far everything equal and there was only a 6 foul difference. Another unmentioned fact is, Jamie Luckie was also on that game and he's the one on that crew that I've never liked much.

Comment

I'm trying to remember that game, but the game was at UNC and we lost by 2. So far everything equal and there was only a 6 foul difference. Another unmentioned fact is, Jamie Luckie was also on that game and he's the one on that crew that I've never liked much.
                Right. I hold my breath any game Luckie is involved in. He is absolutely teribble in so many ways.

Comment

OK, IMO you just answered your own question when you said what the site is. I don't know Roger Ayers or what he's about, and I say anything about a video because I couldn't find one.
                  The videos and still pictures are in responses to that tweet. The two instances are obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

One of the few UK games I missed because of my nephew's bday party. I remember another game at Carolina in 1990 or 91 that Pitino got tossed out of because of "questionable" calls.....lol

Comment

Folks, I can't remember a game where "questionable" calls were not made. I watched a lot of film of my games and they were certainly there, and some were very hard to explain when I was questioned by the supervisor. And if you guys saw those tapes, you would question my integrity too. But, I stood by the calls I made and I can state as honestly as I know how, that not once did I make a single call to hurt or help a player, team or coach.

Comment

I just bring this to your all's attention because it seems to be clear intent and negligence on the job which also happens to benefit folks directly in the wallet...

Comment

Not at all.

It would be interesting to research how many Ayers called games busted the spread vs. other officials. Every basketball official who was busted for game fixing "had a very long and successful career and wouldn't' do anything on purpose to jeopardize it."

He isn't dirty... yet, but there is smoke.
                          Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Folks, I can't remember a game where "questionable" calls were not made. I watched a lot of film of my games and they were certainly there, and some were very hard to explain when I was questioned by the supervisor. And if you guys saw those tapes, you would question my integrity too. But, I stood by the calls I made and I can state as honestly as I know how, that not once did I make a single call to hurt or help a player, team or coach.
                            But did you make a call that would help the people who bet on the game? 😁 I'm only joking. I know you are an honest man and a man of your word. I've never met you in person (although hopefully we get together at a high school game soon) but there's zero doubt in my mind that you ever did anything while officiating other than call it like you felt it needed to be called.

But, there's also zero doubt in my mind that there are officials out there involved in games in ways they shouldn't be. Whether that's gambling, leaning towards friendships, etc.

Comment

Looks like they are going to get out ahead of this regardless whether there was actual intent for the tournament. Will be reviewing all shots made at the buzzer whether it makes a difference in the outcome or not.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaab/...n=darrenrovell
                              Wish that I was on ol Rocky Top

Comment

What's your take Lighthouse?

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X