Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

What's your take Lighthouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother_Vol View Post
    Looks like they are going to get out ahead of this regardless whether there was actual intent for the tournament. Will be reviewing all shots made at the buzzer whether it makes a difference in the outcome or not.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaab/...n=darrenrovell
    That's nice, but why not all games?? The NCAA is so stupid SMH

Comment

Welp, looks like it's all games now...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190208_160927.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	197409

Comment

I think this new stuff is awful and just may ruin the game we all love.
        John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
          I think this new stuff is awful and just may ruin the game we all love.
          What new stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

What new stuff?
            The sports wagering stuff.

Comment

The sports wagering stuff.
              Not much new IMO. Sports wagering has been going on since the begining of sports. As in most things, transparency is the best policy. So the NCAA acknowledging gambling and taking steps to make sure everything is done to make sure the games are not compromised is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

Not much new IMO. Sports wagering has been going on since the begining of sports. As in most things, transparency is the best policy. So the NCAA acknowledging gambling and taking steps to make sure everything is done to make sure the games are not compromised is a good thing.
                From that stand point I agree.

Comment

It's definitely not new. The CCNY scandal happened in the '50s. Ralph Beard and UK happened in 1951.

An argument can be made that gambling is more prevalent now but it's as old as the games themselves.

Unrelated, but I saw a Notre Dame game (can't remember who they were playing) in probably 2001 or 2002 that I'm convinced to this day was fixed.

Comment

I know gambling isn't new, but there's something about it being easier, and I have no idea what it is, that caused the NCAA to respond.

Comment

Really those last-second shots in games where it doesn't matter should be reviewed regardless.

Even if you throw out gambling, you're dealing with historical records. They should review all of that.

Comment

Gambling comes up every few years. SI did a pretty good story on it. Some pro gamblers and 'sources' all stated the same thing: trying to influence players was far far too risky for dozens of reasons.
                        officials were the target.
                        The opening up of gambling .... Dunno. Doubt it makes things better.

Comment

I know gambling isn't new, but there's something about it being easier, and I have no idea what it is, that caused the NCAA to respond.
                          Cable and social media allow for more eyes on these sorts of irregularities. People are paying attention the possibly shady behavior by an official.
                          Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

While it might be possible this guy is dirty just don’t believe it. Too many folks watching, just doesn’t make sense to me he would deliberately ex’s pose himself with calling game ending shots with the spotlight dead on him like that. I will have to see some real evidence before I believe it.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

What's your take Lighthouse?

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X