Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Would a 2 Seed in Louisville Region be Better Than a 1 Seed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a 2 Seed in Louisville Region be Better Than a 1 Seed?

I think so...

but if Kentucky works itself into a 1 that means we've beaten Tennessee at least once and we've probably won either the SEC outright or the SEC Tournament. That would be a pretty incredible feat and would show that we definitely have what it takes to win six in a row wherever we have to play.

Yes.

Comment

A 1 seed would mean that we'd be in the West with Gonzaga as the 2 seed. Give me that any day of the week.

Comment

Kentucky matches up well with Gonzaga but Gonzaga might have the best offensive player in the country.

They also may end up with a 1 anyway. Looks like it may be the ACC winner, SEC winner, Michigan if they can hold on in the Big 10, and Gonzaga. Only thing I can see is if the SEC get two 1's or the ACC does.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
          A 1 seed would mean that we'd be in the West with Gonzaga as the 2 seed. Give me that any day of the week.
          I agree with this. But I'd say a 2 seed in Louisville is more likely considering the workload it would take to earn a 1 seed from here. Very little wiggle room to get a 1 seed with the loss to Seton Hall in the books. We could possibly get a 1 with one more loss but not 2 more even if we go 2-1 against Tenn.

Comment

It seems a two seed is more likely. Not much way the Zags lose again and the Cats would likely have to win out completely to get a one.

Comment

The SEC won't get 2 number one seeds, the ACC will.
              Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                It seems a two seed is more likely. Not much way the Zags lose again and the Cats would likely have to win out completely to get a one.
                The SEC will get at least one though. Conference is too tough.

Don't think it will take winning out for UK but it will take protecting the home court and then getting a little help so Tennessee loses a couple. The Committee has shown they don't factor in the SEC championship game so whoever wins the league in the regular season gets that 1 seed.

Comment

Of course, a 2 would be better for me because I would seriously consider climbing those steps at the Yum to watch my CATS. Other than that, it really doesn't matter to me.
                  John 3:3

Comment

Playing in Louisville trumps everything.

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
                      Playing in Louisville trumps everything.
                      Exactly. I'll take a 2 seed or even a 3 seed over a one if it means getting to play in Louisville.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

Exactly. I'll take a 2 seed or even a 3 seed over a one if it means getting to play in Louisville.
                        Would you be coming like you said you were the last time?
                        John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Would you be coming like you said you were the last time?
                          I did go in 2015 when they were in Louisville, was also in Indy in 2017.

Unfortunately, I am supposed to be on a work trip when they would play in Louisville this year. I will try to change my meeting if UK gets the Louisville regional though.

Comment

YES.....I went the last 2 times we played here in Louisville and it was awesome

Comment

So the bracket preview was today revealing the top 16 teams as of now. They had the Cats as the #5 overall team and the 2 seed in Kansas City. Virginia was the #1 in that Midwest bracket.
                              Isaiah 5:20

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Would a 2 Seed in Louisville Region be Better Than a 1 Seed?

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X