Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Would a 2 Seed in Louisville Region be Better Than a 1 Seed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
      I like that fine.
      Me too though I would like to play in Louisville. Still time for that.
      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

I'd rather be 1 in the west and on the opposite side of the bracket from Duke, if we are being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
          I'd rather be 1 in the west and on the opposite side of the bracket from Duke, if we are being honest.
          Absolutely.

Comment

They would blow our doors off. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post

They would blow our doors off. Again.
              Maybe not by 34. DUKe would beat us by double digits right now. We have a lot of room for improvement though while dUKe has peaked, IMO.

Comment

Duke wouldn't blow us out now, not with the way this team defends, rebounds, and fights.

In November, Duke punched us in the mouth in the first ten minutes, and you could literally see us roll up in a ball and quit. They might beat us right now, but it would be a contest until the end. By March, I think we'd split a ten game series with them. If still rather avoid them, if possible. A 34 point loss has a way of sticking with you mentally, even if it happened the first game of the season.

Comment

Duke wouldn't blow us out now, not with the way this team defends, rebounds, and fights.

In November, Duke punched us in the mouth in the first ten minutes, and you could literally see us roll up in a ball and quit. They might beat us right now, but it would be a contest until the end. By March, I think we'd split a ten game series with them. If still rather avoid them, if possible. A 34 point loss has a way of sticking with you mentally, even if it happened the first game of the season.

I agree, but it can also fire a team up and make them focus on it never happening again. Duke is beatable even if they do have superior athletes.
                  John 3:3

Comment

Duke was 12-26 against us from three. Hit something like 6 of their first 8.

As the season has gone on, they've shown to be a poor outside shooting team. And an even poorer foul shooting team.

So the game against us was flukey. But: they still have the nation's best two players. Anytime you have the best two players in the game it's going to be really hard to beat you. You sort of fireproof yourself against upsets that way, so even if Duke has a 4-25 night from three, which they've done, then they can still win.

They wouldn't blow Kentucky out with the way we play now but it would take a monumental effort to beat them. The team that will beat them in March will have to play them like Texas Tech did: get Zion in foul trouble, play very slow, and then hope Duke is clanking from outside. They are seriously good and ironically they're one of the more athletic college basketball teams who've ever stepped on the court. They remind me of a lot of the Wall/Cousins UK team.

Comment

So do yesterday's results flip flop UK and Virginia in the Midwest?

I would say definitely if UK goes 2-0 this week.

Comment

I wish the basketballs gods could tell us if a team (e.g., UK) has ever rebounded from losing to a team by 34, or more points (e.g., dUKe)....and beat that team in the same season?
                        Last edited by SCBlu; 02-10-2019, 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by SCBlu View Post
                          I wish the basketballs gods could tell us if a team (e.g., UK) has ever rebounded from losing to a team by 34, or more points (e.g., dUKe)....and beat that team in the same season?
                          In the 1974-75 season, we lost to IU by 24 in December, then beat them by 2 in the Regional Finals in Dayton in March. Not 34, of course, but not a bad turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                            Duke was 12-26 against us from three. Hit something like 6 of their first 8.

As the season has gone on, they've shown to be a poor outside shooting team. And an even poorer foul shooting team.

So the game against us was flukey. But: they still have the nation's best two players. Anytime you have the best two players in the game it's going to be really hard to beat you. You sort of fireproof yourself against upsets that way, so even if Duke has a 4-25 night from three, which they've done, then they can still win.

They wouldn't blow Kentucky out with the way we play now but it would take a monumental effort to beat them. The team that will beat them in March will have to play them like Texas Tech did: get Zion in foul trouble, play very slow, and then hope Duke is clanking from outside. They are seriously good and ironically they're one of the more athletic college basketball teams who've ever stepped on the court. They remind me of a lot of the Wall/Cousins UK team.
                            The slow motion GIF of Zion blocking that 3 pointer that went around Twitter over the weekend was one of the more insane plays I've ever seen.

We've missed out on players before and it's been fine. Missing out on Zion is a killer.
                            When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

The slow motion GIF of Zion blocking that 3 pointer that went around Twitter over the weekend was one of the more insane plays I've ever seen.

We've missed out on players before and it's been fine. Missing out on Zion is a killer.
                              It may have handed the title to Duke

But with that said, I really like Kentucky's team.

It's different than last year where you just looked at the roster and cringed a little. And then you started to tick down the recruiting misses Cal had made and cringed a little more at each name. This UK team is far more balanced, far more polished, and far more capable of winning six in March/early April.

But in the end it really might come down to the fact that Duke has Zion Williamson and we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

But in the end it really might come down to the fact that Duke has Zion Williamson and we don't.
                                Yup. I don't think we (or anyone in college basketball for that matter) have anyone who can remotely contain him. The dude is just a freak of nature. Like DeMarcus Cousins with the athleticism of John Wall. Just an unreal specimen.

But I didn't think anyone in 2010 could beat us, and West Virginia did. Anything can happen in March, but I'd rather have Zion on my team than not.
                                When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Would a 2 Seed in Louisville Region be Better Than a 1 Seed?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X