Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kentucky @ Mississippi State Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky @ Mississippi State Game Thread.

Wow, where is everybody? CATS playing good Defense so far, and looking good on Offense too. Shooting 55% and winning the battle on the boards 11-5.
    John 3:3

Kept checking for a game thread 🙂

Comment

Cats put up a really good half. This team's physicality is just a problem for most of the teams we play. We just back people down all over the court. That's a huge deal.

Assuming we can hold on to this and MSU doesn't go all Bubba Parham on us, next week's games are going to be highly interesting. Both LSU and Tennessee have enough down low to make it hard on us to play this game where we're just bullying people.

Thought Ashton Hagans had a great half. Best he's played in a couple weeks.

Comment

Pretty decent half for us. Playing decent defense and rebounding well. I’d like to see better movement off of the ball on offense, and I think it would help our dribble penetration.

MSU’s big guys are frustrated, and the tech. involving Perry and Washington showed that. The high camera view was nice as it showed PJ didn’t throw the forearm at the back of Perry’s head. At first I thought he did.

Comment

Where is everybody?????Not any activity--Cats just posted a good first half!!!!

Comment

Off of the ball motion would help Hagans. Was happy to see him hit some shots. Quickley filled in nicely too.

Comment

PJ didn't throw an elbow but he did initiate the contact. It would have been a no call if the MSU kid had not reacted.

Comment

Lol....I guess we like to post more when we are tore up. Cats efficient, rebounding well....defense is keeping States big guns in check.
                Washington's development has been astounding.
                Watching Herro without the ball ...contributing in lotsa ways.
                Five threes in the first half for the Cats, none for Dogs.
                State is one of those teams that in my fan time has given Kentucky absolute fits.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph helm View Post
                  Where is everybody?????Not any activity--Cats just posted a good first half!!!!
                  It was a pretty standard half for these CATS.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                    MSU’s big guys are frustrated.
                    Kentucky has reduced most every frontcourt it's played against for three weeks virtually to tears.

The value of Reid Travis can't be understated. Doesn't need to be the first option (or the second or third) on offense but he's arguably our most valuable player. Just his presence down there separates this team from most teams in college basketball. If you aren't ready for him he can make it so that he just rocks you off balance simply by moving around.

Can't think of too many players Kentucky has ever had like him. Jorts Harrellson is the closest I can think of.

Comment

Washington is very confident right now. MSU seems ready to get out of the gym and call this one off. I am happy to get to watch some basketball today, and want to watch UT as well as Duke va Virginia. Hope Virginia plays well and wins.

Also, it’s nice to have Roy Williams in a couple different Infiniti commercials

Comment

Hagans gets into trouble when he overdribbles. Really the only thing in his floor game he has to clean up. Doesn't react well when they collapse on him and hes picked up his dribble in the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                          Hagans gets into trouble when he overdribbles. Really the only thing in his floor game he has to clean up. Doesn't react well when they collapse on him and hes picked up his dribble in the paint.
                          I noticed that too, but a couple times he had to wait for a teammate to get open.

Comment

MSU creeping back in it
                            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Getting outworked a little bit here for the first time today.

Comment

Kentucky @ Mississippi State Game Thread.

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X