Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Kentucky @ Mississippi State Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a survival!!!!!!

Comment

Scary game. Kentucky played really bad on both ends of the court in the second half.

Thought Hagans had to play too many minutes and broke down a lot. Also thought Cal's use of the bench was bad and we found out that we can't play those guys for that long against solid teams.*

* Thought EJ chasing that offensive rebound down late was big.

Comment

A win tough game, our last possession when it was obvious we were confused and were not gonna get a good shot Cal should have called a time out I HATE his philosophy not to do so

Comment

Foul trouble also changed the way Washington, Travis, and Montgomery were able to play. That’s the type of tough win we have to be able to grit out, especially in the road. I think Johnson needs to be more involved offensively in these scenarios.

Comment

Going back to Montgomery.

If he could just put the ball in the basket. He'll give you most everything else. I love how he gets after it. Plays okay defense. Isn't afraid to mix it up. His length is a problem for most teams.

Just cannot. Put. The. Basketball. In.

If he could go out there and give you three or four field goals think about what a weapon he could be. But he's at about 45% from the field this season. At 6'10". Not good.

Comment

Stat of the game for me.....Mississippi State 5 of 13 on LAYUPS. The basket was nailed shut.
              Pretty much classic Howland crew....hard fought, tough, physical. Played out of that character half the first half.
              Good thing officials decided to hold the whistles some. As physical as this one was the teams could have ended up four on four.

Comment

Kind of hard to believe that Mississippi St. hasn't beaten Kentucky in ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jload View Post
                  Reid has really hurt us today his offensive skills are offensive
                  He had 8 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal so he didn’t hurt us as much as you think.
                  Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post

He had 8 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal so he didn’t hurt us as much as you think.
                    Thought he had a really good first half.

Second half right when we got that 18-point lead, Kentucky went to him four possessions in a row. Three post-ups and then a play where he shot a three from the right side. He missed all four shots.

The problem with Reid missing is that Reid isn't down there to rebound. So you're probably not going to get that rebound, and so you're basically just handing the ball back to them.

He has to convert those makeable shots that are called for him from the sideline. I see that as one of the things that might hold Kentucky back from the Final Four. He has to be a rock down there and just stick the ball in when they don't double team him.

Comment

Baker is deceptively good on defense. He needs to get stronger. He’s gonna be a solid player for us down the road.

Comment

Worked all day and missed it, sounds like we pulled one out today...
                        I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Thought he had a really good first half.

Second half right when we got that 18-point lead, Kentucky went to him four possessions in a row. Three post-ups and then a play where he shot a three from the right side. He missed all four shots.

The problem with Reid missing is that Reid isn't down there to rebound. So you're probably not going to get that rebound, and so you're basically just handing the ball back to them.

He has to convert those makeable shots that are called for him from the sideline. I see that as one of the things that might hold Kentucky back from the Final Four. He has to be a rock down there and just stick the ball in when they don't double team him.
                          He had a few passes to PJ out of the double team in the 1st half. Reid’s problem is he finds himself too far under the basket a lot of times. His arms aren’t very long and he doesn’t jump really quick. Still, where would we be without him? Definitely room for improvement but he is such a hard worker and relentless going after a ball.

Comment

Kentucky would be an NIT team without Travis.

Comment

Watching the Auburn LSU game. LSU is a physical team. They will be a challenge for us come Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                                Watching the Auburn LSU game. LSU is a physical team. They will be a challenge for us come Tuesday.
                                It's wild that game will be for second place in the SEC.

It feels like Kentucky is kind of out in front of everybody but Tennesee, but that's not the case.

LSU has the personnel to get to a Final Four if things fall the right way.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky @ Mississippi State Game Thread.

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X