Official Anthony Jordan in Hot Water for Social Media Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Anthony Jordan in Hot Water for Social Media Post

Jordan made the foul call that won the game for LSU Saturday.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...le/2980205002/

To me it's a non-story... The biggest issue as to why that foul was called was once again due to the massive flopping of Grant Williams. He went into the LSU player going for the ball when LSU clearly had control. IF he doesn't flop on the ground, then most likely the foul would not have been called.

What I don't understand is why no announcer will state these facts that Williams flops non-stop. He might be worse than Grayson Allen was at always flopping and falling on the floor. It's terrible to watch.

Comment

I don't know what teams he may like but the call was correct. I don't think there was any questioning or controversy at all until someone dug up a 5 year old picture.

They way Williams dove into and headbutted the LSU player it would have been an awful no-call. It caused him to lose possession of the ball so clearly gained an advantage for UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        To me it's a non-story... The biggest issue as to why that foul was called was once again due to the massive flopping of Grant Williams. He went into the LSU player going for the ball when LSU clearly had control. IF he doesn't flop on the ground, then most likely the foul would not have been called.

What I don't understand is why no announcer will state these facts that Williams flops non-stop. He might be worse than Grayson Allen was at always flopping and falling on the floor. It's terrible to watch.
        I agree about Grant's incessant flopping. He is a very solidly built young man. Every 8 year old 50 pounder he gets near should not be able to deck him. He would have been a mega star at Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post

Honest to God he's one of the worst I've ever seen.

Comment

Non-story. The foul call was correct, and Grant Williams might be the most egregious flopper this side of Grayson Allen.

For some reason, the SEC media has taken Grant Williams up as the posterboy of the SEC. Probably because he's an upperclassman who steadily improved over the last three years and he's an undersized, "hardhat and lunchpail" kind of guy, when in reality, he's a flopper and a whiner. Last year, I liked Grant Williams and despised Admiral Schofield, but that has certainly flipped this year.

Comment

I have still not seen the play so I can't comment on it, but the social media post by Mr Jordan will cost him in some way because he certainly should be smarter than that.
              John 3:3

Comment

Official Anthony Jordan in Hot Water for Social Media Post

Collapse
              Working...
              X