Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

NCAA Tourney Thread (UPDATE: UK Opens Against Abilene Christian Thursday at 7:00)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    Really cool video of Abilene Christian finding out they were playing Kentucky.

https://www.nationofblue.com/abilene...ayed-kentucky/
    That's what it's all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Really cool video of Abilene Christian finding out they were playing Kentucky.

https://www.nationofblue.com/abilene...ayed-kentucky/
      that is cool

Comment

• Here's something I don't understand; maybe somebody can explain it to me.

Why are 4 teams playing for 2 11-seed spots? It seems to me that those 4 teams should automatically be 2 11s and 2 12s, with 2 of the already selected 12s moving down to the 13 seed, etc. That would eventually leave 8 teams playing for 4 16 seeds. That seems a lot fairer than the way it is set up.

Anybody?

Comment

• Originally posted by samsdad View Post
          Here's something I don't understand; maybe somebody can explain it to me.

Why are 4 teams playing for 2 11-seed spots? It seems to me that those 4 teams should automatically be 2 11s and 2 12s, with 2 of the already selected 12s moving down to the 13 seed, etc. That would eventually leave 8 teams playing for 4 16 seeds. That seems a lot fairer than the way it is set up.

Anybody?
          I think the "play-in" teams for 11 seeds are deemed to be better teams than the 12-16 seeds but the 32 automatic bids get several so-so teams in the dance that would not be good enough for at-large bids. As long as teams from weak conferences get automatic bids it's likely to work out this way.

Just because a Prairie View wins a weak conference doesn't mean they should get an easier path to advance than a good Belmont team who was upset in their conference final.
          Last edited by Catsrock; 03-19-2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post

I think the "play-in" teams for 11 seeds are deemed to be better teams than the 12-16 seeds but the 32 automatic bids get several so-so teams in the dance that would not be good enough for at-large bids. As long as teams from weak conferences get automatic bids it's likely to work out this way.

Just because a Prairie View wins a weak conference doesn't mean they should get an easier path to advance than a good Belmont team who was upset in their conference final.
            I have a lot less isues with the March madness brackets than I do college football. The easy path is more or less a guess outside a few top teams. If you are in you are in.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

NCAA Tourney Thread (UPDATE: UK Opens Against Abilene Christian Thursday at 7:00)

Collapse
            Working...
            X