Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Good article on Herro Hate after committing to UK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good article on Herro Hate after committing to UK

    Great insight on what Herro went through after committing to UK. A couple of R rated words.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-hate-his-game

  • #2
    Makes you realize what these kids put up with, or have put up with in their life. And as much as I yell and screen at the TV at a player when he messes up we should probably take a breath and realize we're grown men yelling at 18 year olds with the pressure of the world on their shoulders. Yes, some of them are just athletically blessed but every UK fan should read this article and realize it's far from a cakewalk for a lot of these kids, especially Herro.

    Comment


    • #3
      As much as we may want their services we also need to let the Damian Harris's of the world go to the Bamas of the world in peace. Big choice in a kids life.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the two posts above are spot on. These kids are spoiled to a point, but they are under so much pressure. Some of that pressure is because they play for UK, and some is what we as fans put on them, me included.
        John 3:3

        Comment


        • #5
          I remember a couple years ago after Malik Monk torched Arksansas (his home state school and what looked like a lock for him for a while IIRC), Justin Moore, a mediocre country star, went after him on Twitter.

          At the end of the day, I didn't begrudge Damian Harris for going to Alabama, and I don't think one should begrudge a kid for taking full advantages of the opportunities presented to them.
          When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

          Comment


          • #6
            Good read.
            Isaiah 5:20

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
              I remember a couple years ago after Malik Monk torched Arksansas (his home state school and what looked like a lock for him for a while IIRC), Justin Moore, a mediocre country star, went after him on Twitter.

              At the end of the day, I didn't begrudge Damian Harris for going to Alabama, and I don't think one should begrudge a kid for taking full advantages of the opportunities presented to them.
              A agree about Harris. If he had come to Ky, we might not have had Snell.
              John 3:3

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                As much as we may want their services we also need to let the Damian Harris's of the world go to the Bamas of the world in peace. Big choice in a kids life.
                They are not the same situation, in my book. Harris could go anywhere. He went to all of the Kentucky home games and acted like that is where he was going. Herro changed schools, because one of the elites offered. Harris had all the schools wanting him. The QB who changed his mind and went to Bama is more like the Herro kid, only Herro is a star at Kentucky and the QB will never see the field at Bama.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by boomdaddy View Post

                  They are not the same situation, in my book. Harris could go anywhere. He went to all of the Kentucky home games and acted like that is where he was going. Herro changed schools, because one of the elites offered. Harris had all the schools wanting him. The QB who changed his mind and went to Bama is more like the Herro kid, only Herro is a star at Kentucky and the QB will never see the field at Bama.
                  No 2 kids have the exact same circumstances. They were both kids who were thought to be headed to their home state school who ultimately chose to leave home for a program that's a perennial power in their given sport. And faced some backlash over their decision.

                  The point is...show them the love, hope they come to your school. But if they don't...let it go.
                  Last edited by Catsrock; 03-20-2019, 04:49 PM.

                  Comment

                   

                  A Word From Our Founder

                  With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                  Good article on Herro Hate after committing to UK

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X