Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

UCLA Poised to Make Run at John Calipari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCLA Poised to Make Run at John Calipari

Per the Internet and most of the folks who write about college basketball.

The rumors are that they're going to throw $10 mil at him.

I just cannot really believe this is true -

There is a great deal of buzz in the college basketball world about Kentucky head coach John Calipari possibly being the next UCLA coach.

According to various sources, the Hall of Fame coach is showing what some have described as "serious interest" in coming to Westwood.

It's known that Calipari has always liked the UCLA job, loving Los Angeles and the lifestyle.

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/A...ari-130307355/

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
      I just cannot really believe this is true -

There is a great deal of buzz in the college basketball world about Kentucky head coach John Calipari possibly being the next UCLA coach.

According to various sources, the Hall of Fame coach is showing what some have described as "serious interest" in coming to Westwood.

It's known that Calipari has always liked the UCLA job, loving Los Angeles and the lifestyle.

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/A...ari-130307355/
      I say BS...
      Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

I say BS...
        I don't say that , but I don't believe he will leave UK except to retire.
        John 3:3

Comment

I could see it happening , I think Cal has hit his ceiling here and I think he knows it. Big payday, LA, new challenge, it wouldn’t surprise me at all

Comment

Nonsense.

Comment

If you can't beat them, join them.....

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                If you can't beat them, join them.....
                I believe we beat UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen the last time we played.

I can sort of see Cal in UCLA actually. The only thing about that job, and it's huge, is this: people don't show up to watch the team. That place has been an empty cavern for literally decades.

Now whether they'd come out to watch Cal's teams I don't know. But attendance has been an issue at UCLA for as long as John Calipari has been coaching the game.

Comment

"They wouldn't let me cheat at UK like they will at UCLA"
                  When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I believe we beat UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen the last time we played.
                    No, he beat us in the 2018 season. Moreover he had a winning record against us while at UCLA...which stinks quite loudly.

Comment

Someone check me if I'm wrong, but I think Rick Barnes, Steve Alford, and Bill Self all have winning records against Cal (Bill Self is the one I'm least confident about).
                      When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                        Someone check me if I'm wrong, but I think Rick Barnes, Steve Alford, and Bill Self all have winning records against Cal (Bill Self is the one I'm least confident about).
                        Can't speak for before UK, but it looks like Self is 3-4 against Cal since Cal's been at Kentucky.

Rick Barnes is 6-5.

Alford is 3-2.

Comment

Of course this is going to come out right before the tournament.....a big ole distraction

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Can't speak for before UK, but it looks like Self is 3-4 against Cal since Cal's been at Kentucky.

Rick Barnes is 6-5.

Alford is 3-2.
                            But one of those 2 times Cal beat Alford was EPIC... I think the smoking crater is still there.
                            Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

But one of those 2 times Cal beat Alford was EPIC... I think the smoking crater is still there.
                              The other time was the huge game in the NCAA Tournament.

The losses I still blame on Feathers Walsh.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

UCLA Poised to Make Run at John Calipari

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X