Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Official NCAA Tournament Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has been a mighty 'chalky' tournament.....
    but man, some great endings to games.

Comment

• Originally posted by 40bill View Post
      This has been a mighty 'chalky' tournament.....
      but man, some great endings to games.
      Some great endings but oddly only one buzzer beater (UVA tonight) that I know of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

One of the all-time great posts in WCN history right here.
        Might have been better before Lighthouse edited it.

Comment

• Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
          Question about the missed free throw at the end of regulation:

UVA missed a free throw, tapped it out and it went over the half court line, and a UVA player went and got it. Should that not have been a backcourt violation? I don't believe a Purdue player touched it.

Lighthouse
          I wondered the same thing. It certainly won the game for them. But it may well have been legal, I don't know. Perhaps on a missed FT there is not considered to be possession of the ball till someone controls it--so there is no backcourt violation?

UVA was the only team to touch it in the frontcourt. Knocked it into the back court, went and got it, scored, sending game into overtime, won.
          Last edited by Catsrock; 03-31-2019, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Question about the missed free throw at the end of regulation:

UVA missed a free throw, tapped it out and it went over the half court line, and a UVA player went and got it. Should that not have been a backcourt violation? I don't believe a Purdue player touched it.

Lighthouse
            Without looking at the rule book, I think possession has to be established before that could be ruled a violation. Even though the ball is live during a free throw, there is no team possession and a tap usually doesn't establish it.
            John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

Without looking at the rule book, I think possession has to be established before that could be ruled a violation. Even though the ball is live during a free throw, there is no team possession and a tap usually doesn't establish it.
              Would it be the same on a jump shot? Is there technically no team possession after a shot is taken or is it considered the team's possession until it is taken by the other team?

Comment

• WOW...that Purdue -Virginia game was awesome.....Hated to see anybody lose in that game

and Carsen Edwards you can play on my team any day of the week

Comment

Would it be the same on a jump shot? Is there technically no team possession after a shot is taken or is it considered the team's possession until it is taken by the other team?
                  On a jumpshot the team shooting already had possession. I'm confident it would be a violation.

Comment

• This statement regarding Higgins absolutely blows my mind.... Lighthouse

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190331-110137.png
Views:	104
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	202871

Comment

• Wonder if Chris Webber has mastered keeping up with how many timeouts are available yet---he had a problem with that in a game against North Carolina a few years back!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
                        This statement regarding Higgins absolutely blows my mind.... Lighthouse

He said "virtually", which means there are those in the ranks that aren't delusional.
                        Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Totally different. No team possession on a FT, but there is team possession on a field goal try.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
                            This statement regarding Higgins absolutely blows my mind.... Lighthouse

Well, I don't agree with him. I must grade them different.

Comment

• Uh oh. Michigan St. has some talent AND a willingness to guard Zion. A combination Duke hasn't encountered this season. If the stripes are moderately unbiased Puke should be done. Would help me feel a little better.

Comment

• My goodness...I've seen Zion commit at least three obvious fouls with no call

Great being the annointed one.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Official NCAA Tournament Thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X