Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 coaching carousel thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

    The coach St. John's just fired had a better year this past season than Anderson just did at Arkansas.
    Sure, but that's why I said the last 2 decades rather than one year.
    When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Mike Anderson to St. John's.

      That's...awful.
      If I was St. John's AD, I would've just hired Rick Pitino.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

        If I was St. John's AD, I would've just hired Rick Pitino.
        Rick already refused until the SDNY gives him an apology.
        When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

          Rick already refused until the SDNY gives him an apology.
          Surely you jest.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

            Surely you jest.
            Nope.
            When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

              Sure, but that's why I said the last 2 decades rather than one year.
              But it begs the question: why fire a bad coach to hire an even worse coach?

              As much as Anderson's record, it's where he's been. The only way you can succeed in New York is to build relationships, and how could Anderson have any of those up there?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

                But it begs the question: why fire a bad coach to hire an even worse coach?

                As much as Anderson's record, it's where he's been. The only way you can succeed in New York is to build relationships, and how could Anderson have any of those up there?
                UCLA was in the same boat, (though Mick Cronin did beat them by 30 last year). Cronin is a pretty lackluster hire too.

                Sometimes you bungle your search pretty bad.
                When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Darin Horn is the new Head Coach at Northern Kentucky University.
                  John 3:3

                  Comment

                  2019 coaching carousel thread.

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X