Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Michael Avenatti (Stormy Daniels' Lawyer) Says College Basketball About to be Rocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

Clemson is a Nike school too, and they were just as in on him as we were.

I don’t think this is a school issue as much as a Nike issue (in terms of wrongdoing). It doesn’t seem like Duke necessarily did anything wrong here.
    If Nike is in the habit of bribing players to go to a "Nike School", odds are Zion isn't the first and odds are we, have had a similarly situated star win games for us.
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

Can someone explain to me why everyone says he isn't credible? What did he do to Nike? Try to extort them? I'm behind in the news and have no idea who this guy is.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

If Nike is in the habit of bribing players to go to a "Nike School", odds are Zion isn't the first and odds are we, have had a similarly situated star win games for us.
        I am not discounting this at all, because it’s essentially what adidas was doing.

But it would be college basketball-wide. And would go far beyond UK.

I also want to cling to my naïveté and think there’s a connection between the dip in our recruiting the last few years and the rise of this stuff coming to light.
        When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

I am not discounting this at all, because it’s essentially what adidas was doing.

I also want to cling to my naïveté and think there’s a connection between the dip in our recruiting the last few years and the rise of this stuff coming to light.
          I know UK wouldn't be singled out, but it would still be bad for us.

Like you, I tell myself that we haven't gotten some of the best of the best for a good reason.

Comment

I have had those same thoughts for a while now. If it comes down to being dirty or clean? I will gladly take Elite 8's yearly than to be in the company of cheaters.
            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
              Can someone explain to me why everyone says he isn't credible? What did he do to Nike? Try to extort them? I'm behind in the news and have no idea who this guy is.
              The reason I made my comment was that, when he was representing Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against Pres. Trump, apparently he was doing some things that were unethical. If you want to know the details, I'm sure it's on the 'net.
              Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

The reason I made my comment was that, when he was representing Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against Pres. Trump, apparently he was doing some things that were unethical. If you want to know the details, I'm sure it's on the 'net.
                While he's certainly a scumbag opportunist, I don't recall any of the facts that he presented with regards to Stormy Daniels and President Trump ever being in question.

Which leads me to think that he's probably telling the truth about this stuff, too.

Comment

Clemson is a Nike school too, and they were just as in on him as we were.

I don’t think this is a school issue as much as a Nike issue (in terms of wrongdoing). It doesn’t seem like Duke necessarily did anything wrong here.
                  If he was a bought player, all the games he played in should be forfeited, whether the school knew of it or not.

Derrick Rose and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

If he was a bought player, all the games he played in should be forfeited, whether the school knew of it or not.

Derrick Rose and all that...
                    I agree, just stating it doesn't look as though Duke did anything wrong, nor the schools who were recruiting him - unless they were doing it with the school's blessing.

When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post

I have had those same thoughts for a while now. If it comes down to being dirty or clean? I will gladly take Elite 8's yearly than to be in the company of cheaters.
                      It is very likely that if the alleged "cheating" is real, getting elite 8s every year REQUIRES being in the company of cheaters.

I mean, Nike is the accused "cheater" and we are a "Nike" school. Further, if everyone is "cheating" then no one is.

The NCAA definition of "amature" is an antiquated fantasy.

Comment

Comment

If Memphis had won the championship game they lost--would the NCAA have annulled the national championship?????

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

While he's certainly a scumbag opportunist, I don't recall any of the facts that he presented with regards to Stormy Daniels and President Trump ever being in question.

Which leads me to think that he's probably telling the truth about this stuff, too.
                            I should have been more clear. The unethical stuff wasn't connected to Pres. Trump, but rather some things he did to Ms. Daniels. At least according to her.
                            Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

Hard to say. Louisville set the precedent on that years later. Final fours have been voided for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph helm View Post
                                If Memphis had won the championship game they lost--would the NCAA have annulled the national championship?????
                                We'll never know, but I like that UofL is the only one to ever get their championship rescinded.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Michael Avenatti (Stormy Daniels' Lawyer) Says College Basketball About to be Rocked

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X