Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I a terrible fan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
    Nope, i feel the same way. Who had a more dissapointing season, Kentucky or Duke?
    Duke thrashed Kentucky head to head so the "Most Disappointing" honor has to go to Kentucky.

    Duke simply couldn't shoot. It's hard to be a truly elite team in the game of basketball when you've got clankers all over the court. You always see a major difference in teams during tournament time who have guards who can put the ball in the basket and teams who have guards who can't. We found this out the hard way with the John Wall team.

    Duke and Kentucky were similar in that you could play 25 feet off their point guards and not be hurt. You knew it was going to catch up to them both at some point.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 40bill View Post
      Because Duke losing takes some sting away?
      No.

      In the short term, it doesn't help us at all, but in the long term game of thrones legacy of college basketball dominance, their loss is our game.

      Plus I found this version of them irritating.
      Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

        Duke thrashed Kentucky head to head so the "Most Disappointing" honor has to go to Kentucky.

        Duke simply couldn't shoot. It's hard to be a truly elite team in the game of basketball when you've got clankers all over the court. You always see a major difference in teams during tournament time who have guards who can put the ball in the basket and teams who have guards who can't. We found this out the hard way with the John Wall team.

        Duke and Kentucky were similar in that you could play 25 feet off their point guards and not be hurt. You knew it was going to catch up to them both at some point.
        No no no, i disagree. From the media and every expert you heard , Duke had the greatest player in the last 20 years or so on the college level and you didn't even make the Final Four, that's a big blow. Since Duke couldn't shoot, did Coach K make the adjustmens needed? Coach K. had experienc on the bench (Bolden) and another top 5 player in Barrett, that's a epic meltdown in my opinion.

        I am still so ticked about the Auburn game i want to talk about Cal but in reality, i don't think i can really blame Cal this year except maybe he put his trust in wild freshman pg and it burned him, i don't know. Yesterday our guys play like they didn't want it or so overconfident that they was just going to win by showing up, that didn't happen, that's not Cal's fault....
        I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

        Comment


        • #19
          While the loss to Auburn hurt a lot, dUKe losing helped some. Now I'll watch the final four because it's a wide open field and I find the 4 remaining kinda intriguing.
          John 3:3

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
            Duke losing took a LOT of the sting away from the Auburn game, but obviously not all of it.

            Now I can just pretend like the Final Four isn't happening and go on with my life with no stress. College basketball season ended for me yesterday.
            Key word...no stress. We, at least I, tend to start stressing over these games. Not interested in FF except wanting VA to lose. Onto baseball. Plan on making the drive to see a game on a Sunday afternoon. Lunch at KSBar, then on to the stadium ๐Ÿ™‚

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post

              Key word...no stress. We, at least I, tend to start stressing over these games. Not interested in FF except wanting VA to lose. Onto baseball. Plan on making the drive to see a game on a Sunday afternoon. Lunch at KSBar, then on to the stadium ๐Ÿ™‚
              Don't forget UK Baseball is at UL Tuesday evening.
              John 3:3

              Comment


              • #22
                I am just glad the Zion love-fest is over, it was borderline exhausting watching a Duke game because every time he got a rebound or made a shot the announcers all about fell out of their chairs with excitement.

                With that said, if we had Zion, we win a title.....if they had Herro, they very well could've won a title. They were loaded to the tilt with athletes but it still takes a few shooters to get through this tournament(thank you Doron Lamb).

                But for all the Cal bashing, I just don't see it. We shoot our average FT percentage that game and we win, bottom line. We clanked a number of front ends of one and ones that buried us. Herro did miss a couple open looks, but guess what, we don't get past Houston without Herro's heroics.

                I think what hurts the most is losing to a team you already handled twice, especially one with an obnoxious A-hole coach like they have.

                And for anyone to complain about our bracket this year, stop it, it was there for the taking.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I am sure I'll get roasted for this, but Duke is just another team to me. I enjoyed watching Zion. I think it's time we all move past 1992.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
                    I am sure I'll get roasted for this, but Duke is just another team to me. I enjoyed watching Zion. I think it's time we all move past 1992.
                    I won't roast you, to each their own. If Zion was in Kentucky blue I would've loved watching him all season, but I despise any decent player that wears a jersey other than a UK one. I just got sick of the media drooling over him, and even though he was a stud, I still do not believe he is going to dominate in the NBA like everyone thinks. We'll see how he bullies his way in the lane against those big boys in the league...he isn't no Shaq. Now if he develops a good shot and learns how to hit free throws it may be a different story.
                    Last edited by GOCAT15; 04-01-2019, 04:09 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post

                      I was tired of Keldon flexing after every play he made..............
                      Yeah, For sure. But real problem was that he didn't flex enough !

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by teamchemistry15 View Post
                        I am sure I'll get roasted for this, but Duke is just another team to me. I enjoyed watching Zion. I think it's time we all move past 1992.
                        I've never understood why people hate Duke because of 1992, if that's the real reason. I guess it's more a hatred of Laettner than Duke. I suspect one reason may be that Duke is breathing down our necks in terms of NC's and some UK fans are afraid they're going to pass us.
                        Life Comes At You Fast

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                          While the loss to Auburn hurt a lot, dUKe losing helped some. Now I'll watch the final four because it's a wide open field and I find the 4 remaining kinda intriguing.
                          Right On! If Duke had won, I would not have watched the Final Four. Now, I will.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

                            I've never understood why people hate Duke because of 1992, if that's the real reason. I guess it's more a hatred of Laettner than Duke. I suspect one reason may be that Duke is breathing down our necks in terms of NC's and some UK fans are afraid they're going to pass us.
                            The reason I don't care for Duke is likely 90 percent the same as other fans hate Kentucky...perceived arrogance. The other is the drool fest ESP. has over ACC in general and Duke in particular.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by 40bill View Post

                              The reason I don't care for Duke is likely 90 percent the same as other fans hate Kentucky...perceived arrogance. The other is the drool fest ESP. has over ACC in general and Duke in particular.
                              If we are being honest the Kentucky program can have that same perceived arrogance. Many fans think Cal is under achieving with seven elite eight appearances in ten years. Every program outside of about three would be more than happy with that and they would be building statues of the coach. Some are now wondering if Cal is on the hot seat...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                If anyone truly thinks Cal is on the hot seat considering what heโ€™s done in the last decade might as well not be a fan anymore because they will never be happy. We all wish he had another championship or two of course but other than that itโ€™s been a fun and impressive ride.

                                Comment

                                Am I a terrible fan

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X