Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Who Stays Who Goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Stays Who Goes?

It's that time of year again...

PJ is obviously gone and more power to him. I really didn't care for him during his freshmen campaign with all the on-court posing that wasn't backed by performance, but he turned himself into a great player and team leader and I will truly miss him. Kind of Terrance Jones 2.0.

I wish Keldon and Herro would stay, but I believe they are both gone. Herro can be so fun, would love to get to watch him one more year. I think Keldon would be the man next year (a la PJ) if he came back. Maybe there is a chance...

I hope we don't lose Hagans, Quickley, or a big to transfer...
    Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

I hate these threads and I absolutely hate this time of year (no disrespect to OP). We go from the excitement and joy of the NCAAT to the absolute soul crushing feeling of losing (to a subpar team) and now we just sit and wait for the mass exodus which totally sucks.

At any other school other than UK = PJ leaving, maybe Keldon leaving
    At UK = PJ, Keldon, Herro gone for sure. Maybe Hagans and I would expect at least one transfer.

The only players I feel confident about returning are Quickley and Montgomery. Everyone else is a total toss-up.

Our front court is going to have MAJOR problems next season.

Comment

Gun to my head I would say Hagans, Quickley, Richards, Montgomery return.

Clearly Hagans would like to go but it's hard to imagine him in the first round.

Would love for there to be a surprise but this isn't a super-strong draft once you get past the top 10 or 12. There will be a lot of crapshoots late in the first round, which is where you would think Herro and Johnson will fall.

Herro has the potential to be a UK legend if he returned but I think he'll be enticing to the NBA with his size and skill. The only thing about him is if they worry about how he'll defend in the League. If there are questions about that and you see him fall down to late first/early second, he may come back.

If Kentucky landed one more elite big and returned Herro and Hagans, I think that's probably a top five team in the preseason. But if they don't land another big, have to rely on the Bucknell grad transfer, and lose Herro and Hagans then you're looking at a team that might have to fight to win 25 games.

Comment

Despite what I believe personally, I think KJ and Herro will make money while maturing in the NBA. I think both are at least a year away, but there ya have it. Hagans seems to think he wants to try....ugggghhhh.....and I kind of expect Richards or Montgomery to transfer.

Comment

I think Hagans, Quickley, and the bigs come back. The bigs are somewhat of a question mark because I think it'll depend on whether we bring in a big in the off-season.

If we could somehow get one of Johnson or Herro back next year, it could be pretty special. If we had another coach I'd guess that's possible. Under Cal, for whatever reason it doesn't.
          When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

PJ gone
            Johnson gone but needs another year imo
            Hagans trying to go and i hope he does, plays to wild for me
            Herro, gone if he wants too but he may be the type of kid who just doesn't want to leave , who knows
            Richards, transfer or try d league, not sure, hopefully he does come back
            Quickley and Montgomery should be back
            I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
              The only players I feel confident about returning are Quickley and Montgomery. Everyone else is a total toss-up.
              I would probably be confident in saying Richards will return. He doesn't seem built like so many of these other UK players.

The question is can Nick Richards ever really be any more than just a body at UK? Is another off-season going to take him from being a guy who can get out there and play well sometimes into somebody you can count on?

Comment

The transfer situation over the last few years has been a bigger problem than the one-and-done thing. We've lost players to transfer that have come back to haunt us - Charles Matthews anyone?
                When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

You might see Richards transfer but again, he doesn't seem like that type.

I think he's one of those who genuinely loves the college life. And he seems to particularly love UK.

Of course on the other hand, if Kentucky landed Hurt and/or McDaniels, he might feel like he is going to get squeezed out again. So you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I would probably be confident in saying Richards will return. He doesn't seem built like so many of these other UK players.

The question is can Nick Richards ever really be any more than just a body at UK? Is another off-season going to take him from being a guy who can get out there and play well sometimes into somebody you can count on?
                    I think Nick is a guy who SHOULD return. But, he had some major issues this season on the court. I have heard he is a great guy and really liked by his teammates. However, I have also been told he has not been very happy at UK this season. It has not gone how he (and UK) thought it would.

I'm not claiming to know for sure, but based on what I have heard, right now I would be VERY surprised (in a great way) if Richards is at UK next year.

Comment

I think the only way Hagans or Quickley leave is if they transfer. Not NBA material right now.

Keldon really isn't ready as he doesn't do any thing that stands out. Not a great shooter, not quick, can't jump very well and his ball handling skills are suspect. Another year should see some improvement like PJ.

Nick and EJ are the ones that may consider transferring especially if we were to some how get another big. Their lack of playing time in the Auburn game was concerning especially the way Auburn was driving the ball to the basket in the second half.

All of these guys may try to work out for teams for feedback. Only time will tell.

Comment

I sort of chalk a lot of my feelings about Richards up to Leah Edmond. I don't follow any UK player on social media but sometimes the media will report on Edmond and Richards and they seem to be sort of your prototypical college couple.

That said, Richards was just a bit player this year and yesterday didn't factor into that game at all. You have to be wondering if you're his family if that's going to change next year.

I've never seen anything from Nick that suggests he could be a real threat in college. I do hate losing transfers but Nick has such a long way to go.

Selfishly, if the choice is between getting the grad transfer and losing Nick you have to take the transfer.

Comment

EJ could be pretty darn good next year with some work over the summer.

Comment

EJ transferring would be crazy as hell. Barring a coaching change or something, if anybody put that bug in his ear they're nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                              EJ transferring would be crazy as hell. Barring a coaching change or something, if anybody put that bug in his ear they're nuts.
                              He's not transferring, I 99.99% guarantee it. He knows he struggled this year and under achieved. However, he may be Cal's favorite player on the team from what I am told.

No chance Cal lets him go anywhere, everyone thinks he can be a star next year. He will live in the gym and weight room.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Who Stays Who Goes?

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X