Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Who Stays Who Goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tre Jones isn't ready...returns
    Herro isn't ready....Likely gone
    Johnson isn't ready....Likely gone
    Hagans..."I definitely have some decisons to make" Huh?

Only at KY.

Comment

Herro and Johnson may not be ready. That's debatable. I tend to think both would be drafted and both would make teams.

But neither is really on the level of Tre Jones, IMO. Tre Jones wasn't a very good basketball player this year. Herro and Johnson (particularly Johnson) were simply inconsistent, as most freshmen are.

Hagans and Jones are very similar. I do think Hagans has more of a burst but both would be destroyed in the NBA right now.

Comment

Sports Illustrated has Herro 16th, Johnson 18th in their newest mock.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/04/09/20..._medium=social

Comment

KSR just reported PJ announced he's headed to the NBA.
          When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Herro returns but i know it's far fetched and more than likely unlikely, same for KJ.....
            I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
              KSR just reported PJ announced he's headed to the NBA.
              Good luck to him. I liked watching PJ. He was a guy who really changed himself from his freshmen to sophomore years and became a borderline dominant player.

I think he'll be a very good pro. We went to watch an NBA game recently and all those guys have multiple skills, which PJ has. In the right situation he could have a very solid career.

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post

Only at KY.
                Exactly.....how do all these other schools get their kids to come back

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Good luck to him. I liked watching PJ. He was a guy who really changed himself from his freshmen to sophomore years and became a borderline dominant player.

I think he'll be a very good pro. We went to watch an NBA game recently and all those guys have multiple skills, which PJ has. In the right situation he could have a very solid career.
                  Last year i thought PJ would struggle as a pro but after hardwork and developing a jumpshot to go along with his post game, i think he will be fine, his wing span for his size will also help him along the way.
                  I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

I agree. He has an NBA body and now an NBA skill set. I also think his biggest contribution to the program might be that he shows you can come back and improve yourself into a better player.

I think if Herro and Johnson go pro, they'll get drafted but they're probably going to spend a lot of time in the D-League next year. I think PJ's extra year might be the difference between getting a second contract and not. THAT'S the selling point.
                    When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

I fully expect Johnson and Herro to both declare and stay in the draft.

However, I would be absolutely shocked if they combined to play 10 games in the NBA next year. Just no chance, IMO, of them making a roster. I guess riding a bus and sharing hotel rooms in the D League in Grand Rapids is easier to stomach with a million dollars in the bank though.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post

Exactly.....how do all these other schools get their kids to come back
                        They don't bring them to school with the promise of turning them into pros after one year.

Anytime you hear Calipari say "we don't make promises at Kentucky," your BS meter should be going off full-throttle.

I'm in the minority in that I think this whole deal has helped Kentucky more than hurt. But where it begins to get tiresome is when guys like Wenyen Gabriel jump, as somebody above mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
                          I fully expect Johnson and Herro to both declare and stay in the draft.

However, I would be absolutely shocked if they combined to play 10 games in the NBA next year. Just no chance, IMO, of them making a roster. I guess riding a bus and sharing hotel rooms in the D League in Grand Rapids is easier to stomach with a million dollars in the bank though.
                          I'll bet my entire mortgage, my neighbor's mortgage, and everybody in my neighborhood's mortgage that you're wrong about this.

Herro would be drafted, make a team, and play 82 games if he's healthy. Johnson is a little more difficult to get a handle on but he wouldn't play just 10 games.

I mean hell, if Landry Shamet can have a solid rookie year then you would think both these guys will be fine.

That said, you would hope that the year PJ just had pushes one of these guys to come back and maybe try to improve his stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post

Only at KY.
                            It doesn't matter if they're ready, it matters where they're projected to go. Where was Tre Jones projected?

Comment

I'll bet my entire mortgage, my neighbor's mortgage, and everybody in my neighborhood's mortgage that you're wrong about this.

Herro would be drafted, make a team, and play 82 games if he's healthy. Johnson is a little more difficult to get a handle on but he wouldn't play just 10 games.

I mean hell, if Landry Shamet can have a solid rookie year then you would think both these guys will be fine.

That said, you would hope that the year PJ just had pushes one of these guys to come back and maybe try to improve his stock.
                              You think Herro is playing 82 games next season in the NBA??? No chance, absolutely no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post

You think Herro is playing 82 games next season in the NBA??? No chance, absolutely no chance.
                                I'm holding out hope that he plays 40 games for Kentucky, but if he goes he's making a team and he's playing every night.

Hell of an offensive player. Ready for the NBA now on that end. Needs to get a lot stronger but that goes for most 19-year-olds. NBA won't be too concerned with that.

The only question is whether he thinks strength, more consistency, and honing that outside shot to the point where it's +40% is enough of an enticement to bring him back to school.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Who Stays Who Goes?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X