Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Who Stays Who Goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson's one of those guys who does a lot of things well but very few things great. This is one reason I said above that he reminds you a little of PJ in that regard after his freshman year.

I'd like to see him get stronger so he can score without being knocked to the floor so much. Also obviously has to get much more consistent with shooting the ball. He drifted in and out of games, sometimes within movements of the game. He'd play 4 minutes as the best on the floor then he'd follow it with four minutes of getting 0 shots. Needs more of a "give me the ball" mentality.

But maybe his biggest weakness is his defense. Herro is a significantly better defender. Johnson was the culprit a striking number of times this year when Kentucky was getting daggered by threes.

Comment

• Sounds like UK may have inadvertently revealed that Herro is going to test the waters as well:

https://www.nationofblue.com/did-kel...raft-decision/

Comment

• I expect Herro to test the waters as he should. What he does with the info he receives will be the question.

Comment

• What will probably knock Herro out of the lottery is his lack of NBA-level spring.

What will entice the NBA and put Herro (IMO) solidly in the first round is his size and his well-rounded game. His size is a huge deal.

Comment

• If my son was faced with the decision to test the waters or make a decision without doing so, I would advise him to take the test. He can only gain information that will help him make a final decision. PJ tested last year, and listened to Pro advice. Maybe these kids will too.
            John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
              He specifically mentions the fact that he wants to be a lottery pick.

I don't think he will be.
              Agree, but with another year of collegiate grooming I believe he would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                I actually would like to see what a Cal team would look like as fast-paced small ball.
                Wouldn't we all. We did that at times this season, and looked great. But Cal has to control tempo and absolutely HATES quick shots and giving up easy baskets that often comes with a fast pace. We'll never see it consistently under Cal.

Comment

• Washington likely improved more in ONE YEAR than any player I can remember. If Johnson could duplicate that it would benefit the idea of staying tons.
                  For whatever reason, I think Herro is farther along in being NBA ready. The question for him is could he improve his draft status SIGNIFICANTLY by returning.

Comment

• Everyone should return except- PJ (lottery pick-he did the right thing coming back), Keldon (was projected early lottery pick but now may slide late first round) and Herro may have played himself (Feb & March) into the lottery...depends on his NBA feedback, will he want to do a "PJ" and improve his stock?

Comment

• Just me ...I know the rule change but if a guy is getting an agent I don't think he is planning on coming back. KJ would be a surprise to be in the lottery, but guarantee first round money spends just as well starting, riding pine or playing G League

Comment

• Comment

• Instead of mentioning the lottery like Johnson, Herro only says that he is going to make his decision based on whether or not he's a "high draft pick."

Comment

• Keeping my fingers crossed that Herro and Johnson both come back next season

Comment

• Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                              Just me ...I know the rule change but if a guy is getting an agent I don't think he is planning on coming back. KJ would be a surprise to be in the lottery, but guarantee first round money spends just as well starting, riding pine or playing G League
                              Based on the rule change, a player would be foolish not to get an agent.
                              Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post

Based on the rule change, a player would be foolish not to get an agent.
                                Exactly.

I don't know why that would have any bearing on whether or not the player returns. There are going to be a bunch of kids coming back who signed with agents. I would imagine almost no one would go through the process without one. Why would you?

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Who Stays Who Goes?

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X