Early Entry Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virginia's Ty Jerome declares.

Similar player to Tyler Herro, though I don't think he has the craftiness Herro does. But very similar NBA size.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Virginia's Ty Jerome declares.

Similar player to Tyler Herro, though I don't think he has the craftiness Herro does. But very similar NBA size.
      So who will be ranked higher: Herro or Jerome?

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post

So who will be ranked higher: Herro or Jerome?
        Right now Jerome's projected in the second round, Herro in the middle of the first.

One reason for that is that the NBA loves younger guys. Another is that Herro probably has more of a dynamic offensive game than Jerome. Jerome is just steady and tough but Herro showed some flashes he could be a Devin Booker type. I imagine that's what will entice the NBA about him.

The only chance I see that Herro comes back is if he really underperforms in the running and jumping parts of the draft workouts. He's not super athletic and that may hurt him. People forget this, but Devin Booker was so fast coming out of college. Herro isn't. But I tend to think he'll probably not fall below 20th or so, which means he'll likely stay in the draft.

Comment

Virginia Tech center Kerry Blackshear has put his name into the transfer portal and is testing the waters for the NBA Draft.

Would be easily the best transfer available and, if he foregoes the draft, would be one of the best players in college next year. If Kentucky could find a way to get him in for a visit it would be huge. He's very good and exactly what Kentucky needs.

Of course, everybody is looking for a big player of that caliber, so it will be tough. I notice that he was recruited by Auburn and Alabama and a few others out of high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
            Virginia Tech center Kerry Blackshear has put his name into the transfer portal and is testing the waters for the NBA Draft.

Would be easily the best transfer available and, if he foregoes the draft, would be one of the best players in college next year. If Kentucky could find a way to get him in for a visit it would be huge. He's very good and exactly what Kentucky needs.

Of course, everybody is looking for a big player of that caliber, so it will be tough. I notice that he was recruited by Auburn and Alabama and a few others out of high school.
            The kind of thing that could give us #9 if he comes. Absolutely huge.

Comment

Tyler Herro officially staying in the draft.

Comment

I hope he enjoys his stay in the D league next season.

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
                  Well, so much for that. Was hoping he would come back but just have to get the mindset that all we get is a year from most of these kids...
                  I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Not surprised. At his position he could be about as high as he can go. He can develop his game while enjoying his money.
                    Compared to a few we have seen make the jump, this is really a no brainer.

Comment

Guess he received some info or guarantees that made up his mind. Good luck bucket.

Comment

There's a lot of things to dislike about the one-and-done era. But we've had two guys the last couple of years, Shai and now Herro, who you can't hate on. Those guys came out of nowhere. They played hard. They were both super-likable. And they were given nothing when they came in. A year ago Tyler Herro was basically a no-show in the Hoop Summit game and now he's going to be a top 20 draft pick.

You can't hate on that. That's the dream.

Comment

Anyone who thought Herro or Johnson would be back is living in a fantasy land. I knew Herro was gone 3 months ago.

Comment

I wish him the best. But I'm disappointed.
                            John 3:3

Comment

I am so disappointed about Herro......thought he would be back

Comment

Anyone who thought Herro or Johnson would be back is living in a fantasy land. I knew Herro was gone 3 months ago.
                                Well, that sets you apart from all the rest of us Fantasy Islanders.
                                John 3:3

Comment

Early Entry Thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X