No announcement yet.

Early Entry Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EJ's got a lot of NBA tools. His game is sort of what the NBA looks like in this day and age.

Skill-wise he needs another year obviously. Also has to be one of the weakest big men Cal has had in terms of his physical strength. That more than anything should knock him out of any first round discussion.

Comment

With this new rule they should all go through the process. At minimum you get the experience and when you are NBA ready you may be more prepared for how they do this process. Obviously not everyone will get invited to go to all the combines and stuff but it could still be helpful.

But if EJ gets promised a first round draft pick, then I give up. If he gets stronger and improves he will be a first rounder next year I think, he's got the potential.

Comment

If EJ leaves, i give up, its making me hate college basketball all together, may as well just watch the best players in the world go at it playoff time. ..
        I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
          EJ's got a lot of NBA tools. His game is sort of what the NBA looks like in this day and age.

Skill-wise he needs another year obviously. Also has to be one of the weakest big men Cal has had in terms of his physical strength. That more than anything should knock him out of any first round discussion.
          Which is why i wish he would have never tested the waters, right team he's gone, better than J. Vanderbilt
          I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
            If EJ leaves, i give up, its making me hate college basketball all together, may as well just watch the best players in the world go at it playoff time. ..
            Smh....I said the same thing about Gabriel. He's playing somewhere, making money.....and I'm still here.
            i can crynand whine, but it's Kentucky. I'm in for the duration....whether I can like it or not.

Comment

you aren't the only one that feels this way

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post

Smh....I said the same thing about Gabriel. He's playing somewhere, making money.....and I'm still here.
                i can crynand whine, but it's Kentucky. I'm in for the duration....whether I can like it or not.
                Yeah i know what you mean, if we was winning titles it may not be as bad but we are not, tough watching great players come through our program with nothing to show for, guess that's just the way it is....

Comment

Which is why i wish he would have never tested the waters, right team he's gone, better than J. Vanderbilt
                  I don't think Montgomery is better than Vanderbilt. Montgomery is weak as water. Vanderbilt was a specimen.

One thing Montgomery will do is play hard. He'll chase loose balls. But I don't think that gets him in the first round, and if it does then it's really soft at the end of the first this year.

Comment

I don't think Montgomery is better than Vanderbilt. Montgomery is weak as water. Vanderbilt was a specimen.

One thing Montgomery will do is play hard. He'll chase loose balls. But I don't think that gets him in the first round, and if it does then it's really soft at the end of the first this year.
                    I am speaking longterm, to me Vanderbilt is another MKG, i don't think he will ever develop a jumpshopt and that will hurt him long term. Since taking MKG, Charlotte has repeatedly drafted others at his position, once his contract is up he will be a bench role player moving foward. The advantage EJ has over both Vanderbilt and MKG long term is he can shoot the ball in today's NBA, his body strength will come in time.....

Comment

I am speaking longterm, to me Vanderbilt is another MKG, i don't think he will ever develop a jumpshopt and that will hurt him long term. Since taking MKG, Charlotte has repeatedly drafted others at his position, once his contract is up he will be a bench role player moving foward. The advantage EJ has over both Vanderbilt and MKG long term is he can shoot the ball in today's NBA, his body strength will come in time.....
                      He should be able to shoot the ball. He can't now.

I agree that with him it will come. He doesn't have Vanderbilt's or MKG's form issues. But percentage-wise he was atrocious and really didn't hit much virtually all year.

I chalk this decision up to sort of a fact-finding mission, much like PJ did last year. Vanderbilt was much more complicated because his history of injuries I think spooked his entire crew.

Comment

Nick Richards will test the waters as well.

Comment

It wouldn't be Kentucky if those who had no business declaring for the draft didn't do it anyway.

Comment

WOW......I can't blame these guys for testing the waters but no way are EJ and Nick ready.....

Comment

Nick Richards will test the waters as well.
                              Are you freaking kidding me?

See this is the problem with the current system we have now, these kids come to Kentucky and all of a sudden think they are entitled to be pro's after one or two years, NICK aint even close to playing in China or some small country pro league right now, he's just not. He does a few good things but nothing consistently, all his has is his height but hey, Eloy Vargas had that too.

The only thing i can chalk up with some of these kids is that by coming back to Kentucky it may actually hurt there chances because it shows the flaws and exploits them even more, maybe they are smarter than we think and figure if they can sell the sizzle and promote future potential then it's the best way to get some NBA money now rather than risking not getting any at all down the road...
                              Last edited by Lighthouse; 04-22-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Richards is very similar to Eloy Vargas. Probably not much of a difference.

This probably isn't going to happen because both Montgomery and Richards could both really help themselves with some seasoning, but imagine if they both left.

We'd have one true frontcourt player, a grad transfer from Bucknell.

Comment

Early Entry Thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X