Early Entry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    Richards is very similar to Eloy Vargas. Probably not much of a difference.

This probably isn't going to happen because both Montgomery and Richards could both really help themselves with some seasoning, but imagine if they both left.

We'd have one true frontcourt player, a grad transfer from Bucknell.
    I am hopeful EJ and Nick are just going for the feedback already knowing they are returning to Kentucky, just wants some insight...
    I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Richards is very similar to Eloy Vargas. Probably not much of a difference.

This probably isn't going to happen because both Montgomery and Richards could both really help themselves with some seasoning, but imagine if they both left.

We'd have one true frontcourt player, a grad transfer from Bucknell.
      Can you say Josh Harrellson 2.0 with surrounded by a bunch of fowards and guards?
      I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

I can't blame them for testing the waters. Maybe what the NBA folks tell them will finally stick, even though it's probably the same thing Cal and his Staff have been telling them all along.
        John 3:3

Comment

I would imagine these kids see Vanderbilt getting a contract and playing even less than they did. AND since they were recruited as guys that can't miss or have an unlimited ceiling, that's hard to shake.

The NBA will give them feedback. As will a reputable agent (if they are blessed with that....remember what happened with Harrelson).

We will see.

Comment

Would someone kindly explain entering the draft vs being one of the 60 getting invited to tryout?
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post
              Would someone kindly explain entering the draft vs being one of the 60 getting invited to tryout?
              Thanks
              The players have "entered the draft" but all that means is that they've put their name in to allow the NBA to give them feedback. They have until May 29th to withdraw.

If they go past that date then they have to stay in and see where they fall.

Comment

So here's why it's really hard to speculate and judge a player leaving early as much as i hate it. Diallo was so so last year and ended up having decent minutes up to the ALLSTAR break this year for OKC, they wanted to know what they had in him early on so he did get minutes. I did not think he was ready at all but the NBA sees things different.

Fast foward to Shai Alexander, i didin't think he was ready for the NBA either but here he is starting for the Clippers and have the mighty Golden State Warriors in a 3-2 series heading back to LA to try and tie it up, are you kidding me???

I think what we forget about the NBA and for those of us who don't watch it as much is that the NBA game is more spaced out and players can really shine and do things a little different, it's a different game the way it's played, a college player can actually excel at the next level and vice versa on the college level..

Anyways, i hate this one and done or gone with no reason stuff as much as anyone else but it is what it is, out of my control and i don't make a living in the basketball world so what do i know..........

Comment

Early Entry Thread

Collapse
                Working...
                X