Top ten in Cal Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top ten in Cal Era

MJ and crew actually have a decent topic going about the top players in Cal's run....based on college. Some things we forget or overlook.
    Julius Randall carried a team to a kind of unlikely championship game and set a season record of double doubles.
    Four consensus All Americans...first team.
    Willie Cauley Stein was one.
    Ullis was one...set the assist record. SEC POY, SEC defensive POY. Statistically the best season a point guard at UK ever had.
    Even though PJ had a great year, he wouldn't crack the top ten...and MIGHT have to stretch to get top 15.
    Just a reminder how many really good players that Cal has brought in.

The people that criticize him and want him gone completely blow my mind. Since he's been here he has more wins, more final fours, and more top ten recruits than anyone else. He should at least have one more title, probably two, but every coach in the world except for K and Wright have that same "flaw" in his time here. He not only brings in talented players but they all seem to be quality individuals as well. There haven't been any off court issues, and he can't compete with families getting moved into gated communities. There's no one in the world I want as our coach more.

Comment

Dean Smith is a legend with one. Rupp coached for decades and got four.
      Williams was around for years and finally got a couple.
      NCAA titles are special because they are enormously hard to get.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
        Exactly. All you can hope for is to have a shot at bringing one home. Seven elite eights in ten years is just that.

Comment

I went to high school in North Carolina and I think Calipari compares to Dean. Cal, like Dean, plays too conservative and almost plays not to lose at times when it gets close. The joke in my day in the Carolinas was " who was the only person to hold Jordon under 20"? Dean Smith. Jordon had a great team around him when they won it against Georgetown his sophomore year. Daugherty and Worthy were incredible. Many forget Carolina flamed out Jordan's junior year losing to I believe Georgia but it may have been Bama. Pretty sure it was Georgia but I am often wrong.

Cal is a great coach. He will bring UK another title. Dean only has 2!
          Last edited by Jeff ROCKober; 04-03-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I remember that. One Carolina player asked the press where Georgia played
            Aftet the game, Jordan told the Georgia players HE knew where they played

Comment

Smith won two titles. All legends have at least 2 titles.

Cal needs one more.

Comment

The answer to this shouldn't really be that debatable. It's some order of Wall, Cousins, Knight, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Randle, Towns, Ulis, Cauley-Stein, and Murray. With Fox knocking on the door.

Comment

Some would say if Nerlens hadn't been hurt, he would be there. Some would put in Bledsoe.

There are those that argue (legitimately) that Ulis was a superior college player to Wall, although inferior athlete.

Just discussion stuff.

Comment

Top ten in Cal Era

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X