2019 NCAA Final Four Officials.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 NCAA Final Four Officials.

These 10 men have been selected to work this years final four games. 3 will be assigned to each semi-final game, and another 3 will work the final game on Monday. Usually the other official is assigned to be an alternate and sit at the table every game.

Jeffrey Anderson, Bo Boroski, James Breeding, Ron Groover, Keith Kimble, Chris Rastatter, Doug Shows, Doug Sirmons, Michael Stephens and Terry Wymer.

James Breeding lives in Louisville and began his career working High School games in the 6th & 7th Regions. He is a friend, and I wish him well!!
    John 3:3

That's the way to call a game. So proud of James Breeding for making a great call on that try. I hope the others take a lesson from that crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
      That's the way to call a game. So proud of James Breeding for making a great call on that try. I hope the others take a lesson from that crew.
      Very impressed that he made that call. Many would have swallowed their whistle.

Unfortunately, they missed a double dribble right before that would have given the ball back to Auburn with only a couple seconds left. Missing that likely changed the outcome.

No game is called perfectly. Wish they hadn’t missed that one though. Overall it was a really clean, well officiated game.

Comment

Uhhhhh. The double dribble though........

Comment

Yeah, I too agree with the final call that allowed the VA player to shoot the FT's.

As far as the double dribble no call goes it can also be said that a mansoecond before that the VA player dribbled a second time the Auburn player raked him across the chest and a foul could/should have been called.

And another aspect of the closing 1.5 goes it was my understanding that the ball should have been inbounded at midcourt where the foul took place as opposed to it being inbounded about 2o feet closer to the basket.

Comment

The foul call was not the controversy. The double dribble was. AND I really missed it until replay.

Like Barkley said, I don't miss calls with ten slot more replays on a big screen.

Let's not forget that Guy had to drain three with the season on the line. Great performance in the clutch.

All O can say is.....
            Just glad it wasn't Kentucky getting that last seconds....there would be no way to get on a discussion board for three weeks.

Comment

At some point officials have to be held accountable for costing a team a game. Especially a spot in the championship. It was clearly a double dribble and there was an official feet from it. I don't know if you have to fine them, fire a few, or give them more training, but something has to be done because they are ruining games by completely blowing calls.

Comment

I like celebrating the players that played and hope they decide the games. The refs need to be the shadow not what everybody discusses. So glad this didn't happen to Kentucky. I am not sure if I would get over it.

Comment

Absolutely was a foul on the three and a absolutely was a double dribble prior to that.

Comment

Definitely a DD. But think about this. That game was called as well as any game we've seen this year, and if we all sat down and reviewed it, we could pick out many missed and no calls.

Comment

Definitely a DD. But think about this. That game was called as well as any game we've seen this year, and if we all sat down and reviewed it, we could pick out many missed and no calls.
                      Agreed. Officials allowed em to play. Foul call was solid and gutsy.
                      the DD is a lot more obvious in replay and hindsight. At the time, I honestly missed it.

Comment

But the bad call cost a team to lose. And you defend it. Sorry, I respect you but not celebrating the wrong team going to a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff ROCKober View Post

But the bad call cost a team to lose. And you defend it. Sorry, I respect you but not celebrating the wrong team going to a championship.
                          If Auburn had hit free throws it wouldn't matter.
                          Just like the Cats last week.
                          ​​​​​​
                          Auburn represented the SEC well. Congrats to them.

Comment

And once again, watching the replay the Auburn player was slapping, holding and grabbing the guy from UVA trying for the foul. I imagine the official was looking at that.

still a missed call, but I can see how it happened.

Comment

Texas Tech looks very tough, they remind me of our 2003 team. If they hang on and win, they’ll be a tough foe for Virginia Monday. It’ll also be a boring game.

Comment

2019 NCAA Final Four Officials.

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X