X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAU Basketball Coach Arrested for Assaulting Paducah Referee

Tough situation here.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ee/3397093002/

Would love to read it but not paying a subscription for the CJ!

Comment

Originally posted by JFCats22 View Post
      Would love to read it but not paying a subscription for the CJ!
      Just says there was an altercation, the official turned away, and the coach punched him.

Then the coach left the premises only to be tracked down later at a local hotel. The official was treated for a broken collar bone, a crack in the sinus cavity, and a brain bleed.

The coach said on his Facebook page, "Buddy called us a name he shouldn't have," but then he apologized. His use of "buddy" there is creepy IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Just says there was an altercation, the official turned away, and the coach punched him.

Then the coach left the premises only to be tracked down later at a local hotel. The official was treated for a broken collar bone, a crack in the sinus cavity, and a brain bleed.

The coach said on his Facebook page, "Buddy called us a name he shouldn't have," but then he apologized. His use of "buddy" there is creepy IMO.
        Jeez...I am no fan of officials (I joke, kind of), but this is nuts. Although, I am not surprised.

My 19 year old refs youth soccer and the way some parents/coaches act is insane. I was at one of this games and was milliseconds away from a physical altercation with one of the coaches who had lost his mind. Luckily there was an off duty cop there who took him away.
        Last edited by Lighthouse; 04-08-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

There's a picture of the official on FB, and his face looks awful. He is in Vanderbilt Hospital. Just another reason why Officials are becoming more and more scarce.
          John 3:3

Comment

AAU Basketball Coach Arrested for Assaulting Paducah Referee

Collapse
          Working...
          X