Title Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Game Thread

Has UVA ever won the National Championship??? I know UNC frustrated them a lot in the Ralph Sampson era!!!!!!!

Who ya got tonight? I'm rooting for Texas Tech - a team full of vagabonds with a coach who's been everywhere. They remind me an awful lot of Tubby's really good defensive teams. Michigan State had trouble doing anything against them, though.

One thing about it though, this game is going to be brutal tonight. Both teams play styles that are offensive to anyone who likes basketball.

I'm gonna say

Texas Tech 54
    Virginia 48

Comment

Go Texas Tech

Comment

One of the weirdest national title games ever.

I don't really love the way Virginia plays or the fact that they kind of work the game so that they can get calls. But they are tough and as we've seen, they seem to know how to do just enough to win.

I believe they'll probably win but it'll be ugly, gritty, and it'll likely come down to something crazy at the end.

Comment

Guns up. Go Tech.
          Tech is a team full of late bloomers, surprises, overlooked kids and buying in to hard work
          Virginia works hard as well....grinds.

As much as I hate it, this may well turn out to be a game dominated at the free throw line.

Media seems to be pushing Virginia as a tale of redemption.

I kind of like the Texas Tech tale of buying in to all out, every play defense.
          Last edited by 40bill; 04-08-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Tech looks better to me...
            Jordan Peterson is my spirit animal...

Comment

I would have preferred any of the other three teams to UVA--the stink of the ACC sticks to them also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

UVA wins tonight in a surprisingly high scoring (for these teams) game. I think they definitely go over tonight.

Comment

This could turn out to be a great but low scoring game. Both teams play great defense, but in my mind Tech is more athletic while UVA always keeps their heads up and just don't panic. I just hope we get a well officiated game, and nothing crazy at the end.
                  John 3:3

Comment

Oh well-----all of us can watch a game between two teams we have no great interest in who wins--just hope it is a well played clean game with no major issues!!!!!(PS) I had still rather be watching the cats play!!!!!!

Comment

I have no idea.

Comment

From what I've heard and read, Virginia has never been in the title game.

strange as it sounds, Sampson never played in the Final Four. It was AFTER he graduated Virginia reached the four with the kids from Owensboro (Lamp, etc al).
                        ooops...sorry. this is the wrong spot for this post.
                        Last edited by 40bill; 04-08-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Both teams are like deer in headlights to start.From the at home televised camera angle to the massive crowd, a Championship game just has a different feel, totally understand how the kids are caught up in the moment. .
                          I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

May have been a bit optimistic with my pick. Tech looks horrible right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                              May have been a bit optimistic with my pick. Tech looks horrible right now.
                              They've looked very nervous from the tip.

Comment

Title Game Thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X