Kerry Blackshear Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry Blackshear Jr.

Figured this situation deserved its own thread. Blackshear is on the grad-transfer market and has also put his name in for the Draft. Per multiple sources UK has made contact and is in a very good spot to add the 6-10 250 lb. big man from VA Tech. Averaged 15 & 8 last yr. Has a great inside outside game. Had a great game against UK in Rupp in 2017.

Would be absolutely HUGE if Cal could get him. Blackshear's camp apparently likes what happened with Reid Travis this year and sees it as a similar situation...

Per KSR, UK is also looking to add ANOTHER grad transfer in addition to Blackshear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190416_215301.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	204359

Comment

We need this guy!!

Comment

Go get him Cal.
        John 3:3

Comment

What a getthat would be. He is a stud

Comment

WOW...sure hope we get him.....need that experience

Comment

I wonder if that other transfer might be Jaevin Cumberland from Oakland. Pretty good guard. Averaged 17 a game last year.

And Blackshear would be unbelievable for Kentucky. Even with the losses of Herro and Johnson, Blackshear probably puts UK in the top 5 in the preseason.

Comment

Unsurprisingly, Kerry Blackshear's people have said they have heard from nearly every program in America.

Comment

I said this in the other thread but I wonder what the chances are that he winds up at A&M to play for Buzz his final year.
                  When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                    I wonder if that other transfer might be Jaevin Cumberland from Oakland. Pretty good guard. Averaged 17 a game last year.

And Blackshear would be unbelievable for Kentucky. Even with the losses of Herro and Johnson, Blackshear probably puts UK in the top 5 in the preseason.
                    Would a guard consider UK with who we already have? I also heard the guard from Ark Little Rock mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post

Would a guard consider UK with who we already have?
                      Not sure.

We have four guards (Hagans, Maxey, Quickley, Baker) and two wings (Whitney, Allen). And that's assuming you don't count Brooks as a wing, and I don't; think he'll play more like Wenyen Gabriel did.

So it'd be nice if he could find another wing who could guard versatile 3-men. But of course those types of players are very hard to find.

Comment

Former Texas A&M guard Admon Gilder is out there as well. He'd be an interesting pick-up.

Comment

The remark from Blackshears father this morning gives some pause......it's not about what Kerry can do for Kentucky, it's about what they can do for him.
                          while totally honest....still leaves a bit of a sour taste.
                          We are fast earning Mercenary U status.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                            The remark from Blackshears father this morning gives some pause......it's not about what Kerry can do for Kentucky, it's about what they can do for him.
                            This might make you feel differently. It's a total business decision...and for a player like this, UK is the best choice. As of today, if he transfers, i'm almost ready to predict he will be at UK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190417-162845.png
Views:	315
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	204440

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
                              Hate to tell you, but every player in college basketball goes where they think they can become the best player.
                              When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Kerry Blackshear Jr.

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X