Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Kerry Blackshear Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Could be a devastating frontcourt...

...but so much hinges on Blackshear. On one hand he seems like the perfect fit for UK; on the other, we really have no idea if there's interest or not. This is crazy to us, but he might be looking at Nick Richards and not want to try to come in and play over a junior.
    I can assure you, there is absolutely mutual interest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

There might be. But there also might be interest in a slew of other programs.

You'd have to be at least a little interested in Kentucky if you're Blackshear. But he's the sort of player that's obviously going to have interest from virtually everyone so it's going to be very tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

But we could never know that for sure.

In fact we obviously have no idea how any of this stuff goes behind the scenes. I think there've been players Cal has really wanted to keep but their families wanted them to go elsewhere. I only say that because you can kind of read into the words Cal uses or the expression on his face or whatever. But I can't know for sure.

It could be that they do try to recruit Richards to stay but his family just doesn't want him to sit behind a 5th-year senior. I hope it doesn't go like that but I get it if it does.

And honestly, that sort of thing is happening everywhere in the sport. Part of what we're talking about is the one-and-done stuff creating this massive wheel o' defection; but the other part is that transferring has reached almost epidemic proportions in college basketball as a whole.
        I misread Matt's post and spoke to how the staff might recruit Nick Richards to stay.

But my point remains even in the case of Blackshear. I'm sure the staff will tell him he's a starter at Kentucky if he signs on, but you just never know what goes on behind the scenes and what kinds of relationships he might have with other programs out there.

Cal doesn't have a hugely difficult case to make because we clearly need frontcourt players. But everybody is looking for a player of Blackshear's caliber and they're all going to be making similar pitches: come here and start right away.

Comment

This would be a great get.. Personally, I'd rather have him than a top five high school kid, especially out of this upcoming class... This kid has showed a skill set and tools that we desperately need.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
            This would be a great get.. Personally, I'd rather have him than a top five high school kid, especially out of this upcoming class....
            No question about this.

If he stayed healthy Blackshear might be one of the eight or ten best players in the game next season. This is a really big deal and could make Kentucky's season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

If we held recruits to the standard of this being where they've always dreamed, we'd rarely get a recruit beyond the state line, most likely. We also wouldn't have had some of the most beloved players in our program's history (Mashburn, Chuck Hayes, Boogie, Wall, Anthony Davis, etc.)

Those players all came from elsewhere because they thought Kentucky was the best place for them and grew to love it.
              Don't forget the Big Blond Bomber from Bativia, Dan Issel.

John 3:3

Comment

Like some have said, we have no idea where we stand with Blackshear, or his camps thinking. But I bet Cal does.

Comment

How would you know this?
                  When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

Evan Daniels thinks that Blackshear will end up at Florida or A&M.

Comment

Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post
                      Evan Daniels thinks that Blackshear will end up at Florida or A&M.
                      Yep. I was gonna post this on here last night as a reply to another comment on here, guess I dozed off lol. It is odd for 3 sec schools to battle this one out, but it may end up that way. A coach in Florida swears to me he's florida bound, and a lot think he'll follow his coach, but I think it's either nba or UK from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

How would you know this?
                        Just a reliable source 😉
                        Last edited by lilproUK98; 04-23-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Calipari had an in-home visit with Blackshear and his family today....
                          Last edited by lilproUK98; 04-22-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Calipari had an in-home visit with Blackshear and his family today....
                            Sure hope it went well.

Comment

Big news.

Could really make or break Kentucky's season next year.

Comment

That report was false. They’re working on a visit.
                                When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kerry Blackshear Jr.

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X